Monday, June 3, 2013

Draga Familia Mea!!! ce mai faceti??!!! 

Sounds fun helping grandma with all the chickens! ha a good day to be in Europe for me... ha glumesc.. but seriously:) I love grandma! but ya its crazy like little gypsie ladies are sitting there with their baskets of eggs and selling them... ha I can picture grandma doing it here if she lived in Romania! and they are doing there little chants... "oua.. 30 bani... oua.. 30 bani..." hahaha I dont' know why I think I am so funny today.. ha ok.. but yes that would be hilarious.. another random note though seriously people find stuff all over the city and they really do just set it on blankets and sell it on the sidewalks.. so funny like they are trying to sell 1 shoe that they found.. who needs just one shoe?? ha I dont know.. but super funny! 
Well this week has been a great week in good ole Romania! First off on Monday night after internet we went over to Sora Gorzos house ( the "grandma" of all the missionaries in Romanian) and I have earned the title that every missionary wants.... GORZOS FAVORITE MISSIONARY!!! wahoo! It took me a lot of effort and I had to really stretch my language skills.. she only speaks Romanian... but it was so worth it! A previous elder used to be her favorite... but I now have the title.. she was talking about her favorite elder and I was just like Sora Gorzo.. he is home now in the United States and now I am here.. so I dont want to hear anymore about that other elder... then I was just super sarcastic with her.. and she LOVED it.. I had to throw out any part of this language that I knew.. she was laughing so hard.. and then she asked me to pray and I think she heard me say a word wrong or who knows I probably did say it wrong.. anyways.. in the middle of my prayer she just starts laughing..SO HARD...  I was a little nervous for a second.. she was going so red and she was trying to catch her breath... ha but she then hugged me after and kissed me and said I am now the favorite.. She then called me later in the week to "chat"... it is a good language study for me:) so that was pretty exciting!! :) 
This week we also had interviews with President and Sora Hill.. Can I just tell you I have the coolest missionary president in the whole world! The interviews were at the mission home.. and I go up to his office and President is chilling in his office with his shoes off and we both sit down in Spinny chairs and chat.. no awkward desk in between us.. so cool! We just chat and talk and then in the middle he randomly throws out there "still worthy of a temple recommend?" I said yes and then he was like "o good so you gave up smoking... and drinking.." haha He is so funny.. I did start crying in my interview.. normal... but he was just so kind and he reassured me that I was a great missionary and he was so happy to have me here! He is so great.. he really trusts us and just wants us to love being missionaries! Sora Hill was also so great-- She really loves to be our mission mom and is willing to help us and all times! 
It was way cool this week.. we went over to our less active Sora Nans house and we thought that she has been hating us... but when we got there she was super nice and friendly.. so it was great! She made us lunch..which was amazing.. I do forget thought that Romanian are very good with their meals.. it is always three courses! crazy.. soup.. bread.. meat.. salad.. and the end she was like.. " I am so sorry that I don't have dessert.. ha  and then  we read through President Hollands last talk from general conference in Romanian the "Lord, I believe" talk.. I am a huge fan by the way!! :) We then heard some music coming from outside and she got all excited and had us follow her outside.. there was a bride sitting on a chair and they had kosonac bread above her head and there is a cross on the bread.. then they sing and do some sort of wedding song and then they break the bread over her head and give a piece to every one.. the dad of the bride made sure that we got a piece bread.. ha I guess it means that you will get married fast or get married within the year.. kind of a problem... because I will still be here for a year... haha but it was really fun.. then they started dancing around in a circle while a guy was playing the accordian... I think we even made it into the wedding video!! :) 
We also went contacting that day and it was cool because as a mission right now we are really focusing on using the Book of Mormon. So we made it a goal to give away one Book of Mormon. We only had an hour... so we were looking around and we saw this nice little lady reading a book on the bench.. so we went and I starting talking to her.. she was so nice! She invited us to sit on the bench with her.. which doesnt usually happen...but she was great and apologized that she didnt know english.. but it was good.. She was interested! and we testified all about the restoration and the book of mormon.. We even read 3 nephi 11 with her! She loved it! We ended up talking for an hour! and we gave her the Book!!  She said that she would come to church some time.. :) but it was great she could not stop going off on how cool it was that we were basically "teens" who are really beautiful sharing such a good message! I instantly loved that women! 
So it was a pretty good week:) I think the language is coming!! ya. ya ya:) 
O ya we have transfers boards this week! We find out on Saturday.. After my interviews with President and the "gossip" going around the mission I think I am out of Buc! -- I am hoping for Moldova... Timisoara... Cluj.. or Iasi! :) Pray for me and wish me luck!! ha I mean I will be happy with anywhere but seriously.. I am super excited for a big change in scenery.. I heard that outside of buc during the summers is so amazing!! I love you all so so much!! :) Have a great week!!! This church is true! You guys are amazing! have a great week...
Va iubesc!! - Sora Abby Polatis 

I finally became Sister Gorzo's favorite!!!  I knew I could do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment