Monday, June 3, 2013

Here for another 6 weeks--no visa yet

Minha amorosa familia!!
        NO WAY!!!!  Haha man that makes me miss little mugsy. Ha that is sweet. Crazy that maddy almost lost him on the first week, then she would've had to go back to chasing boys. But yea this dog will have to do ha. Sheesh sounds like summer over there. The weather has actually been really nice over here. It has just been mid 70's all last week and that is what it is supposed to be for this week. It doesnt matter too much now though because we have a full-time car now so we hardly ever have to walk anywhere. So yea transfers are this Thursday.. Elder Lewis (my trainer) is leaving so now its going to be Elder Wright and I, and I think we are getting another Elder. So yea I'm sticking around which is both good and bad. Bad because my visa didnt come, nor any of the visa waiters here, and I guess they dont send you out when you get it anymore because it is too hard to just throw you into a companionship. So now they just send you out on the transfer. So now I am here for at least another 6 weeks. When President told me that i was really bummed out for that night, but we have some exciting things happening and Iowa is great so I got over it. So out of all that group of guys we taught, we are baptizing one of them on June 22nd. He is an awesome guy. He came with us to a baptism last saturday and was saying how he just wanted to be baptized right then. Ha I'm way excited for him. When we first met him, he just looked kind of sad and depressed, but now he just says that he is so happy and has a ton of stuff to look forward too. Ha he is even on that Lds dating sight, i thought that was pretty funny. Also this morning we were teaching some of the rougher kids of the group and invited them to be baptized and they accepted so that was amazing. I'm so glad that we ran into these kids because they are like our main solid investigators that always want to listen to us. We meet with them every other day which is great. Other than that, we have been doing a lot of finding. Ha I wanted to try out this rich neighborhood the other day just to see what it was like... Ha I figured out pretty quick that that is not where you want to be tracting. Ha a lot of them opened the door and said no before we even got to their driveway. It was fun though. We did run into this girl that was babysitting and she said that we could call her so maybe something will come out of that.
         A member that was our age also left to go sell the other day, which stinks because he would always come with us whenever we needed him to teach a girl or something. Also he would drive us around quite a bit too so he would save us a ton of miles. Well President and Sister Jergensen are getting ready to leave here pretty soon. I really do love those people. They care about this mission so much and I bet they will miss it a ton.
           Well I'm glad everything is going great!! Ha poor grandpa though, that sounds pretty painful. Where's the reunion going to be at? Try to get all the working reunions out of the way before I get back okay:) Ha jk!! But I miss you all a bunch and I'm always praying for you. My portuguese I feel is still somewhat progressing. We have some portuguese lessons tonigh with some members so that will help Elder Witham and I out a little bit. Love YOU ALL!! Love Elder Polatis
Shaun Johnson's house;)
       

No comments:

Post a Comment