Monday, June 17, 2013

Baptism coming up

Oi mae e minha familia!!
             Its getting too humid over here. And we didnt have the car last week so it has just been a ton of walking. The bishop called as one evening right as we were getting home and told us to go to the hospital and give this kid a blessing that tried to commit suicide the night before. So we just put back on all of our wet shirts and started to walk to the 3 miles. When we got there he was saying all kinds of weird stuff.  Like he was going to change his name and become a hit man and stuff. ha so I pulled out some scriptures and tried to find out how to come back at something like that. My companions kind of just sat their with their mouths open. But I just told him that he just needs to come unto Christ and that will be the ultimate healing in his life. So after that short little lesson I asked him if he wanted a blessing and he said that he didnt believe in them anymore so we just walked the 3 miles home without even giving him a blessing. it was so hot and humid though. And you know how I sweat!! I think its definitely a good way to prepare for Brazil though. 
    
     Well we have our Good-bye zone conference for president Jergensen tomorrow. Pretty sad. he is a way great guy. I'm excited to meet President Jensen though. The work is going good though. Its a lot slower without a car but now we have the car this week so we will go and find some more people to teach. We set another day with this liberian lady for next saturday and she accepted, but then she didnt come to church!!! So now we have to push it back. We even went to her house and pounded on the door for her to wake up but she just wouldnt. So then we went back after church. Knocked on the door, and you could hear all of her kids running around and we could hear her talking on the phone, but once the kids looked through the peep hole, everything went quiet. Haha gosh!!!! and we even walked there so I was even more mad. I guess we will just have to push her back and make sure we get somebody to fellowship her. I'm glad everything is going great over there. I was talking to Elder Searle from shelley Idaho the other day, and he is just as ready as I am to get to Brazil. The next transfer call is going to be pretty crazy waiting to see if I got my visa or not ha. but Joe's baptism is this saturday so I will take some good pictures to show all of you. He is for sure ready and way excited, so it'll be good to be here for that. I'm probably going to have to buy some new b-ball shoes pretty soon. Both of mine are cracked on the bottoms and the backs are about ready to tear right off, but maybe i'll just buy some in Brazil. Oh and Mom what do you think the best way is to get that dye off my shirts from my belts? Now that i get so sweaty. I still end up with some getting on my shirts, but I'm sure it comes off ha Idk. I love you all so much. Thanks for everything!! have a great week!! Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment