Monday, June 17, 2013

Love the Beach

una Ziua Dragele Mele!!! 

OK... this is the coolest thing ever!! I love being a missionary.. life is so so so so great!! wahoo! YAY! seriously.. I know that you guys are already praying for me everyday so just add in there "and keep her in constanta the whole summer" This place is amazing!! 10 times better than when I was here in January! My new companion Sora Rivera is amazing! We get along great! We have so much fun every single day! We started doing themes for everyday so we will wear clothes accordingly and then we think of a cool phrase to memorize and vocab and verbs... it is so so great! She is really good at the language and really loves being on a mission! She came to Romanian to help out back when she was 16 and really wanted to come on her mission to Romanian (She was one of the few who actually knew where Romanian was:) so she loves it here! We already knew each other from the MTC so there was no awkward first couple of days.. She even bought a night gown today to match me! so this transfer is going to be so much fun! We are hoping we just stay together the whole summer!
So I got here on Wednesday and we have 4 investigators and 2 have baptisimal dates!! I have never seen those numbers written in my planner before in my whole mission life! and neither has Sora Rivera so it is super super fun! We are teaching some amazing people... We met with all of them and they seem super nice- all are from the English program they had last transfer! it is crazy! one of the ladies even bought us matching scarves! it was really really fun! I taught more " other lessons" in four days than I did my whole last transfer! Also everyone actually missed me while I was gone! everyone came up and was hugging and kissing me saying that they missed me! (probably just because I can play the piano....) ha but regardless I am very excited to be back! It was cool I actually got to bring down a mission call for a boy in the ward here and he is going to the exact same place that his best friend is in the Alpine German mission! so so cool! he was so excited and I bet they set it up that way so that the kid already out there can be his trainer:) So it is so exciting! Constanta Branch is amazing!! :) I got up and was able to bear my testimony and it was cool.. very smooth-- people came up to me after and they were like "Look you can speak!!" ha I was laughing pretty hard!
but o ya I was going to tell you that before I got to constanta I was able to become a godmother and it was so much fun! the 2 girls that we brought into the country were absolutely amazing!! I took one of them contacting and I was like "go talk to anyone and I have your back" ha she was so nervous so she told me to start ha so we walked up to this couple and just starting talking.. it was so cool.. I understood alot! the girl looked at me after and she was like "you are amazing!!! now those people know that we dont worship mormon but that we believe in Christ." She was so cute and I told her that I would love to be her companion!
Anyways back to constanta... so yes... it is so so great! the beach amazing! I mean we wake up... go walking along the beach... come back inside get ready... go to some studies out on the beach... eat some lunch... do weekly planning on the beach... it is heaven! seriously the sun is up at like 5 am so it is really easy to wake up and it is so warm outside! Both sets of elders live along the black sea too.. so it is so fun we woke up one morning and played basketball on an outdoor court at like 615am... we have so much fun! today we are going to go play volleyball and badminton on the sand! but don't worry we are working really hard! and we obey the mission rules! I would not feel safe unless I was obeying the mission rules! I feel like I am really starting to enjoy my mission now! it is amazing.. I have learned so much! I know that I needed to be in this mission at this time... God knows us so personally.. We can't even comprehend it! 
sounds like all of you are doing well! I love hearing from you all! yes I recieved the facebook picture.. that was so nice of them! ALL of the wrote me this week.. ha It feels pretty nice to be missed... crazy.. weird that I hit my 7 months mark this week.. what the? where did that last month go? ha I have a feeling the time is just going to start flying now... din pacate... that is why I just try to love everyday and it is pretty easy to do here in constanta!!! 
Love you all!! have a great week! this church is true! :) Read your scriptures! and be happy we have great reasons to be very very happy! the senior couple in constanta invited us over for dinner last night and showed us pictures from their first mission in mongolia... lets just say I am really really happy to be here! 
love you!! 
Cu drag, Sora Abby Polatis 


sora Kelly and I caught in the rain

New District

Sunrise over the black sea

Me and Sora Rivera

Sorry, no Gypsie carts here



My District eating

No comments:

Post a Comment