Monday, June 17, 2013

Loving life

HELLO EVERYONE!! Well how is everyone this week? I can't believe how fast it went! Holy Smokes!! It is transfer week, so we will know on Tuesday who is leaving and who is staying! So kind of nerve racking! But it will all work out! Well it was fantastic,!  We  went to FHE with our recent Convert Rodney! Man, he is solid and he really acts as tho he has been a member for years, not just a few days! HAHA we played games and taught a lesson about putting the important things first and everything else will just fall into place! We really had a good time! We got a referral and the referrals from the members are our favorites! Because it means that they already have a friend in the ward and it makes the transition easier! So that was awesome! Tuesday, we followed up with alot of our former investigators to see just how they were doing and if they were interested again or not. Well one family in our ward was struggling so we stopped by the family and prayed and taught a short lesson! I really understand the importance of visiting and home teaching, people really struggle and sometimes just need someone to talk to! Here it doesnt really happen so DO IT!! HA Wednesday. today marked my 6 months in the Mission!! So of course we celebrated! I feel like we are always celebrating something! HA but it keeps things interesting:) I cant believe how much I have change in 6 months! I see little things in myself and always wonder, "man where did that come from" but it is definitely a good thing! So after celebrating  we went by Sister Marygrace, we have been teaching her forever and given her a date but she missed it because she wont come to church but we were feeling so good and she was reading the Book of Mormon, well we gave her a date again and we left feeling so bomb, BUT she didnt come to church??:( we have tried everything!! Maybe it just isnt her time! We will still try every once in a while but we wont necessarily focus on her! We taught sister Snookie again, she is awesome!! Her sister in law is an American, and Crystal is her name and she says that after the lessons snookie asks questions so it is good! We feel really good about her! I will be sad if I miss her progression tho!  Thursday, Sister Arnold went on exchanges with the 6th ward sisters! So Sister Davis came with me and we rocked it!! I led our area and I really felt alright about it! As far as making it to appointments and planning I feel really confident! I even felt that my language was improving! Sister Davis is a transfer behind me so she was relying on my language skills and she told sister A afterwards that she was impressed with me not only in my language but in my teaching! I AM IMPROVING!!! It was nice to see that I wasnt as stuck as I thought I was! We had one appointment with an investigator Renny, well he was speaking to us and I was understand then the all the sudden I wasnt getting anything he was saying.....I was like slow down and start again he bust out laughing and was like "Sister I am speaking Tagalog to you, dont you understand?" I was like HECK NO! I barely have Ilonggo let alone Tagalog! HAHA he is a nut! But he came to church on Sunday so maybe I made a difference! You never know! Sister Arnold says that she thinks that I could train now if I was asked, she says I am ready! It is a scary thought eek!! But we will see! Friday was just a day of teaching! Lots of our investigators! We always get nervous for friday and saturdays because sunday is so close and we just want to hurry and invite everyone we see to church ha! Saturday we went and did a FHE with the Tacaisan family! The dad and the 2 kids are less active and the mom is an investigator! We LOVED it! And Melvis who is 19 but LA he initiated a family testimony meeting after! It was awesome! Then they came to church!!! YES!!!!!! We were so happy! Sunday was a good day for us, last week was a little disappointing but we got the nursery up and running so that made a lot of moms happy! Our investigators came and overall we were just the happiest alive! BLESSINGS!!! I know that this church is the true church! I have found so much happiness through it and when I read and re-read the conference talks I know that the true priesthood has been restored and through prophets we are led and guided and by that we can avoid many pitfalls in this life!! I know that I was called her for a reason! It is hard but I know that it is do-able as long as I stay close to the spirit! It is crazy, the Book of Mormon really does apply to all stages of life! And answers questions and can show you that other people before now experienced trials and they overcame them through Jesus Christ and by having faith!! I LOVE IT!!! Man being here and being a missionary really has changed my perspective on alot of things!! :) But I love you all!  LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!! Tell everyone HI for me!!! MMUUAAHH!!
Love Sister Sarah Polatis 

celebrating 6 months out!!

studying


FHE with the Tacason family

spaghetti with Sis Vargas and Sis Sasva



Darn little mud hole!!



Kissing puppy Maddy gave sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment