Monday, June 3, 2013

Still raining;)



another rainy day;)

Baptism of Bro. Joe Joe

Love little brother Bro, E. Sasse

Well hello family! Man I can't believe that it has already been a week and we are here again! Well first off, We got all moved into our new house on Friday, moving is a mess! It doesnt seem like it would be that bad but it was! It really is a nice house and it is alot bigger than what we were living in before! We have another companionship that lives with us and they are way cool! In our old apartment the water was heated and in our new house it isnt so it has been an adjustment to shower in the cold haha! I am such a pansy!! The first few minutes are the worst but after that it feels normal! Well this week was really awesome! We had more exchanges, this time Sister Arnold went to the other area because it was hard so I stayed and went one day to Silay, man it was different but it was good! The next day we went back to my area and I was leading! Oh my word! My language picked up so much! I am definitely not perfect but I know that it is coming! I understand a little better and now I just need to focus on knowing more words! Then hopefully I will be set! This week we were teaching JoeJoe! He is 20 and was so shy at the first but now he is such a goof! He really opened up to us and showed us his real joky personality! But he was ready for baptism! We went over what a big commitment it was and made sure he knew exactly what he was doing and he really showed his testimony and how he liked all the things we taught and knew that he needed to follow them. We always encourage them to go on missions! It really would strengthen them to see our side of it all! But he was baptized and he really was so excited for it! He bore a great testimony afterwards. I loved it! We have continued teaching Rodney! He is in his 30's and he has a pregnant wife and a little boy! He is scheduled to be baptized on the 8th. We did the baptismal question review with him and he bore testimony about all the questions instead of just answering them! He is so elect!! I loved it! We just were staring in amazement! He is so elect!! We are stoked and we really want to see him progress in the church! I really think he will! We had a meeting with our ward mission leader and we decided that we want a musical number every week to spice up our sacrament meetings! Well we asked a member from our ward and he was so so excited and we went over last night to help him practice! He decided that he wants to play the flute and he is really good at it! So either Sister Arnold or I will accompany him! We decided we wanted him to be the ward music leader! He loved music and it is a calling that would be perfect for him! He was stoked. So we will run it by the bishop and see what he thinks! But that is about it for this week! I love you all and sorry that it is so short and not that many pictures! I will be better about it next week! Tate and Abby both sound like they are doing so great! Our emails to eachother are short but We know how busy it is and I read the big family letter so it is good! I really am growing as a person! I love to see it and as I re=read thru my journal entries I realize just how much change I have had! I don't really like change but I can see how I am becoming better and Who I really am! I was studying last week in Mormon and it is when Moroni is all alone and basically running for his life from the Lamanites, he was all alone but he still knew what he needed to do and who he needed to put his faith and his trust in! So even in times when we feel completely alone or when we actually are alone that is when we need to rely on the lord and know that he has our backs. I love the Book of Mormon! I really am learning how to look at things and apply them to me!!  But This is where I am supposed to be! I love the people and I love this work! Even the hard days! Everyone be good and be safe!! MMUUAHH!! Cant wait until next week to hear all about it!! LOVE YOU!!!
Sister S. Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment