Monday, June 24, 2013

1st baptism--Congratulations Joe

Hey Family!!  yes, Brother and Sister Gale are great!!! They are so funny. Its great how uncle Dirk and aunt dayna are such great people because everyone that I tell that they are my relatives just go crazy because they loved them so much. its definitely a plus to be here in Iowa ha. So yesterday we watched "The work of Salvation" It was great. Got me really excited about missionary work. I cant believe that there are over 70000 missionaries out right now. Thats insane! We had our baptism a couple of days ago. It was great! We got to teach the restoration at it and there were a few other non members there so hopefully it sparked some interest in their lives.
      Its raining here again though. Is it still not raining much back at home? It way green over here.. So anyways, the new mission president is coming in next week and President and Sister Jergensen are leaving this saturday. They were great people. I could end up having like 4 sets of mission presidents. That would be crazy. I guess there are a bunch of riots going on in Brazil right now? Someone was telling me that they were like destroying embassys and stuff. Dang I hope that doesnt mess with any of the process with my visa ha.
          It sounds like everything is going great at home. More scouts stuff huh? I thought we were all finished up with that stuff.. Oh and when does Jake get home? Its got to be pretty soon Right? Sarah and Abby sound like they are doing great. I dont usually have time to read their letters home ha. My letters probably look way small compared to theirs. Well this week we are going to try to get the members more involved because in that seminar thing that is what the apostles hit on pretty hard and that is obviously the best way to do it. After baptizing Joe we have a lot of work to do to find people that have been prepared for us. I'm excited!! You really have to love them into this gospel thats for sure. Oh yea and I almost forgot to tell you mom. I made up this week all the dishes that I didnt do at home. We went over to this less-actives house. It is just her and her daughter. They actually live in an apartment. But she said that she needed help with her apartment so we went over there and the dishes were stacked to the ceiling in both sinks!! It was disgusting. She has cats also that just do whatever they want. There was some cat hair in the sinks. Awhhh!!! Ha I kind of would just look over to see if she was looking and then I would just throw some of the dishes away. If it was me I would never eat out of those things again. We were happy to help her though. She said that she would try to make it to church, and her daughter hasnt been baptized so it is definitely a family that we need to focus on. Anyway LOVE YOU!! 
Love Elder Polatis  


My comps!

My first baptism!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment