Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Still Waiting!! But I'm happy!


On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Tate Polatis <tate.polatis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Oi Familia!!!!! Happy Memorial Day yesterday.
               Yea we didnt get to email yesterday because the libraries and stuff is closed so we just had a full day to exercise and play ball:) best day ever haha jk! But yea yesterday we just had an early morning breakfast for the church and it was supposed to be at this park but it was pouring rain so we just had it at the church. Doesnt it always seem to be raining on Memorial Day? To me for some reason it does but who knows. So yea that was great. We invited an investigator to come to it but I think she slept in so she missed out on some good breakfast burritos. But yea Sunday was a great day!! We had a less-active couple come that hadnt been for like 10 years, 3 investigators come, and then 1 ex-communicated member so it was a great Sunday. The Liberian family that came with us to church stayed for the full 3 hours which was great. The girl said that she loved relief society so that was good to here that they actually do things in there haha. But its just hard because they are not married so we'll have to figure some things out to get them ready for baptism, but we have a ways to go.
           Is it starting to get hot there, and whens the boat coming out? You guys need to make sure and keep that thing running for when I get back haha. But yea the weather is pretty nice here. They were in a drought last year so all this rain we have been getting lately is making up for it. The night the tornado came was pretty crazy, but nope they say that a tornado hasnt ever really hit Des Moines so I think I'm safe. Holy cow though, transfers are coming up next week!! Thats insane. This 6 weeks went by a ton faster than the 6 weeks in the MTC! Ha I still cant believe my visa isnt here though. That is a long time just to get a visa. Maybe this week it will just show up and I will leave right on the transfer, but who knows. Tell Uncle Dirk and Aunt Dayna thanks for looking out for me haha. One night I got this random call on the mission phone from the Lowmans.. and she was just so excited to talk to me and wanted to feed me and everything. Everybody here loved Uncle Dirk and Aunt Dayna!! All I have heard are great things. The stake president came up and said that Uncle Dirk told him to check up on me and make sure I was working as hard as I can. Oh and also whats their address? President Jergensen asked for it the other day because he wants to visit them. But tell them I love them.
       
this is just 1 rain storm
        So yea its been a great week. Lots of lessons, but its really hard to set dates sometimes, because people are so scared of that committment. Oh and a crazy thing happened the other night. I was just laying in bed about to fall asleep, when I hear this loud crash from our bathroom!! It was way scary ha, so I get up to check it out, and the stupid mirror came off the wall and shattered everywhere!! It was pretty crazy. Umm I'm trying to think of some other exciting things that happened this week.. We tore down this old shed for a service project, reminded me of some of the old sheds at grannys ha. Oh and Elder Witham and I also taught a lesson to a member in Portuguese because he served in Brazil, so it was good to practice that. It actually went pretty well, even though I'm sure they speak a ton faster down there. But I think thats about it for the week, I hope everything is going amazing and that everyone is starting to enjoy the summer. I love and miss you all bunch. We'll see what happens this week !!  Love Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment