Monday, May 6, 2013

Worst than IDAHO Weather--maybe

Ola!!! St. George Huh!! Man I miss that place. I bet the weather was so nice there. Ha yea Iowa weather might even be worse than Idaho weather. So it was like 85 one day, and the humidity was killing me. We were out knocking doors, and everytime we stopped at a house, the sweat just starting rolling down my face. Ha so I thought that was bad, but then the next day it was 30 and snowing like crazy. So it was the 2 extremes. But now its at like mid-60s so its perfect!! Ha tell Bode to get off that thing and get outside and start shooting some hoops. 
       Well my bishops name is Bishop Brent Bean. So maybe uncle Dirk will know him. He is a way cool guy. Always thinking of ways to help us with the work. Oh yea but we had the mission conference on Saturday!! It was awesome. Elder Anderson is a stud. All of the missionaries got to shake his hand along with Elder Dube (who was just put into the Quorum of the 70) Elder Real, Elder whitney Clayton. It was a great mission conference. It was mainly about how the Lord is truely hastening his work and everything like that. Then Elder Anderson talked about the Atonement a little bit. The spirit was really strong. It was also cool to get to see all of my MTC buddies. Elder Hales was excited to see me haha, Cant say I miss him that much but it was still good to see him.
      I still havent heard anything about the visas... No one has really. I usually hear that you are here for about a month and then you usually get gone but who knows. State-side missions are really not too bad. I actually like learning how to teach better in English so then I can just translate when I get to Brazil. Plus we have a lot of members in our ward that served in Brazil, so I usually say the prayer or give a short lesson in Portuguese to practice. Ha and I try it out on some Spanish people, but that usually doesnt work. We have been teaching quite a few lessons though. Our busiest days our on Sundays and Tuesdays because that is when they all want us to come, so then the rest of the week we are always tracting and trying to get some people to set up an apointment with us. We need to use the members more, but usually they dont have anybody for us to teach so its tough to get your referrals. But I love teaching. We taught this Asian kid who was about 17 the Restoration. He liked it a lot!! It was exciting. His mom couldnt speak English very well so we just asked him to tell her about what we taught and read the Livro De Mormon together. We're getting so close to getting some baptisms. And something pretty cool happened in the store the other day. I was getting some groceries, and I bought some of those burritos that I love ya know. And I needed some ranch, but all I could find were those huge bottles. And my companions were like we gotta go and stuff, but I needed some ranch ha, so I went to the end of this isle one last time, and this guy stopped us and asked if we were the LDS missionaries. He said that he had been taking a few lesson awhile ago but then stopped. So now he wants to finish up the lessons with us. Pretty cool I thought, reminded me of the Best Two Years ha. So yea all is well. My companions are funny guys and we have some good times. Last P-day we played ball for like 3 hours so that was awesome.
       I'm glad everything is going great there. I cant believe I already get to talk to you again. Ha I'll probably get to again when I get my visa, so we'll stay in some good contact. Well I love you all!!! I have dad's skype address so I'll write that down and I'll call you on saturday night. Love Elder Polatis
O
He wishes that this cape could fly him to Brazil

Elder Banta, Elder Clark, and ME

can you say "RAIN"

No comments:

Post a Comment