Monday, May 6, 2013

End of a great companionship

Well Hello family! How is everyone this week? I hope doing fantastic!   Well the day has come and me and Sister Arnold have been dreading it like crazy but yes this week is TRANSFER week! We should know by tomorrow what is happening! It is looking like we wont get one more like we wanted! But that is mission life! But Anyways for news this week, it was really just a working week! Nothing really that crazy!
 Well we are teaching this guy, his name is Freddy! I talked about his a little bit last week but he wanted to be taught from us again, and come to find out he is attending a 7 day Adventist church. But he really throws some stuff at us and I know doctrine but he like twists it. Anyways we have Bro. Hoyo-a and before he joined the church he really was skeptical of the Book of Mormon so he searched and linked the 2 (The BofM and the Bible) so we went to him and had him explain how they can be linked and it was such an eye opener at really how much they really go hand-in-hand anyways Bro. Hoyo-a was like "send him over here and I will teach him, but he can't surrender after he knows that The church of Jesus Christ is the true church" HAHA it was priceless. I want to be a scholar like that. It would be so helpful! But our little recent convert MacMac he is 10 and he wants to serve a mission so bad and this might be frowned upon pero he wanted to come with us. So we took him around and had him read the scriptures and bear his testimony. He is going to be legit if he just stays with it. We have just been working like crazy. We had another Baptism on Saturday. Her name is Klay-Klay! She is 13 and has come to church so much. She really made friends quite fast and everyone just welcomed her right away. We really have been working on finding people so that we can not only fulfill the mission vision but really have time to teach these people so that they understand and really gain a little testimony and not just relying on ours. We found Cherry-Mae and her boyfriend is a member but less active and we taught her and she was so accepting and she even came to the baptism on Saturday but didn't come on Sunday to church and we found out the boyfriend wont let her listen to us. So we are going to find a way around that. She is elect and she reads and is always so excited but we will see what we can do. But it will be another great week. We really have no idea what is happening with transfers but we will embrace it well.   Thanks to all the family who has been writing me! I love getting emails and knowing what is happening in everyone's life! Sorry it is so short! But I will save the good stuff for our chatting!!! This week is going to be awesome! I will continue to work hard. My testimony is definitely being strengthened every day! I love watching people learn and grown and experience the happiness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though there are trials that come in our path it really is our test and we can overcome them through the savior! He really is there waiting for us to truly come closer to him and know that he loves us! I read "Our Search for Happiness" I loved it! I knew really everything but just the way that he is speaking to others to let them know that they are always invited to come to Jesus Christ. BOMB!! But I love you all! I am stoked to see you all via Skype! MMUUAAHH! Love you! Be safe and padayon lang!!!!! MMUUAAH!! Tell Abby Hi for me! I love seeing all her pictures! She looks great! I love reading her letters!! Keep being the best family ever!
Love Sister Polatis!

Maybe Philippino Dr. Seuss

Me and Sister Arnold

Shirts to celebrate our companionship!

We are having way too much fun!!

Celebrate at Calea

Beautiful sunsets all the time

Election time--Vote for this hunk

We love Bro. Nico

At least i can spell it!

Our Baptism this week!

Waiting for people to come to church-only 20 so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment