Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Humanitarian week

Buna Ziua tuturor! 
This week has been so great!!! I am loving Romania:)
I had exchanges this week with Sora Deruvo... She is from Italy! So she has been in the country 2 transfers and she is already super good at the language so it was a really fun day! We visited some of our less actives and then we went contacting! She was so nice.. I after she was like "you taught me so much.. you taught me to open my mouth and never be afraid." I was laughing because the only reason I wasn't scared to talk to all the random people in the park was because I knew that she had my back! So that was really fun!
Thursday and Friday Sora Kelly and I got to go to a maternity hospital here in Bucaresti! 2 Doctors came in from the United States and they were teaching about 50 doctors and nurses about how to take care of babies in the first vital minutes after birth! The local humanitarian missionaries are in my branch and they know I am the nurse so they invited me to go! President Hill was all for it! The hospitals here are a little sketchy.. but it was fun! They taught both of us how to intubate a new born baby and do CPR and everything! Half of the lectures were in English and then half of the lectures were in Romanian.. it was really cool because I felt like i could understand a lot of it because the medical terms are pretty latin based! The doctors took us aside and taught us how to do it.. We got to help with the demonstrations and everything.. so fun.. The doctor even made one of the nurses teach me how to do something and it was all in Romanian! :) They next day was way fun too it was kind of the same stuff but then I tried taking certifying test... it was all in Romanian so I didnt do so hot.. but it was still fun! We helped pass out all of the training equipment -- the humanitarian part of the church is AMAZING! I had no Idea that it did this much! Afterwords the doctors were so nice and invited us to come it with them... We had a lesson but we told them if it fell through then we would come.. well... ya our person would not answer our calls or return our text so we got to go to this fancy Greek restaurant! It was so good.. the best meal I have had since being in the country! they wouldnt let us pay for anything... and made sure that we had all the food we could eat! If you ever run into them.. Dr. George Bennet and his wife Marsha.. live in St. George.. they are big in humanitarian and go to about 11 different countries around the world every year.. the other doctor was Dr. Payne from Minisota and he is in the 70's... They are so nice! I loved being with them! They were joking around with us and it was so fun! Dr payne has me convinced to go to med school when I get back home so we will see! 

Another cool thing we got to do this week was to go to this "scouting in Romania" celebration! We got permission to stay up a little later and go to this light festival thing celebrating 100 years of scouting in Romanian! they had cool folk dancing and random fire shows! It was so much fun! Romania really does have parties going on all the time! ha the park next to it they had this big concert going on but we decided we all better go home! ha but it was fun! 

Another Small miracle that we had which was so cool was it was pouring rain when we walked out of the hospital and we were seriously drenched.. this random man came up to us and shared his umbrella with us! He was so nice!!
It was cool to after church we were about to get back on the metrou.. and this lady walked right up to us and was like.. "what church are you guys from" and she was asking us all these different things and then she started going off about how she saw us last week and she was too nervous to talk to us! - crazy huh.. and so we invited her to church and she said she was going to come! we are super excited!
So life is great here in Europe! I am understanding more and more everyday as far as the language goes! I am starting to understand the Romanian people and why they do certain things... but most importantly I am starting to understand myself.. who I really am.. and really who I want to become! It is so amazing.. Some people say that on their missions is when they learned to work their hardest.. Here in Romania.. I am learning to Relax and enjoy life.. I am learning to not be so hard on myself and really enjoy all of my blessings! I am so so blessed! I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all so much!!! This gospel is amazing!  Love Sora 

working with humanitarian missionaries







celebration of 100 years of Scouting!!!



Cool place that teaches about the beginnings of Romania





No comments:

Post a Comment