Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Typoon season

Hey Family! Well another fabulous week here in Bacolod!  It really was quite a good week! Nothing that spectacular but good! Everyday I find more and more out about myself. Monday night we had FHE at the Desaldes home again! They really are such a strong family and We really just have the best time while we are there! They are always so willing to play our dumb games haha but we did this object lesson where you have 2 cotton balls and you soak one in Rubbing alcohol and the other you just leave well you light them on fire and we used 2 nephi 26 11-13 and we related it to the feelings of the spirit, if we don't saturate ourselves with the spirit we will die out faster and lose ourselves in this mess of a world! So try it, it was our first time doing it that way and we were both just as shocked as everyone in that room! The little things are what keep us in line with the spirit! Well on Tuesday we had exchanges again, But this time I was with Sister Ang in Talisay! She was really awesome! She told me that the only time we speak English is at the apartment and we did some practice teaching all in the language and she helped me so much in that area! She is filipina so it was fast and really fun actually! She told me that I have really good teaching skills and that I saved her with teaching but that if I just mastered the language I would be all set. Easier Said than done tho haha I really am trying tho! We had a huge storm and Talisay is such a different area well we had to cross this Bamboo bridge and sister ang is so little and saying every 2 seconds "Sister Be careful" well I thought I was being careful, NOPE totally fell and there was a huge Drop off hahaha luckily I didnt fall the whole way! We both just laughed so hard and we were trying to find my shoe in the mud! It was scary at the time but so much rain plus a brown out trying to find my shoe so funny! We had a good time! Oh ya, it is rainy season NOW! Somedays it is just a sprinkle but some days it is like a typhoon! But all is well! Wednesday I came back and we switched back with Sister A and we were both happy to see each other. We went out and visited almost all of our recent converts and delivered baptism photos to them all! They were all excited to see the pictures! We have found some new investigators and they really are elect! Well as far as learning, we are kind of having a difficult time getting them to church! Thats the killer!  We only had 3 of 11 show up to church so it was horrible, hopefully next week! Well Thursday we had exchanges again, This time I went to Silay again but with Sister King. She was Sister Arnold companion in the MTC--- she was nice! I was actually able to speak and hold a decent conversation with an Investigator which made me super happy! We were teaching this family and they have a 3 year old girl, she sounds like a man tho haha well you can ask her anything like about church and she knows, She taught me the word of wisdom and told me who the prophet was! HAHA i loved it! It really doesnt matter what age if you teach them young they will remember! Overall I still had to step it up with everything and exchanges really are helping me realize that I can say more than I think I can! I got this! It might not come in 1 day but it will come! I have to keep practicing and I try not to resort to English! That is one thing Sister Arnold has been doing with me, she is starting to be able to tell when I feel frustrated or I get nervous during a lesson and she just gives me this encouraging like "slow down, think about it, you know it" Look and it really has made a difference! So this next week that will be my focus not  really worrying how long it takes me to speak and staying Ilonggo! I CAN DO IT! Well the hightlight of our week and dont judge us but we get so hot here and everything is so small portioned but we both just wanted a nice ice drink well to our luck there is a brand new 7 ELEVEN!!!!! HAHAHA we were stoked! So we went and got a 28 peso SLURPEE!!!!!!! It is sad but we loved it! Cheap!  And we have to walk to it so we can justify it! :) We have been teaching Joe Joe and Maryvic well they were supposed to be baptized on Saturday BUT they both went out of town and we didnt feel like they were quite ready! They were a little confused on Joseph Smith so we decided that we would continue teaching them this week and move the baptism! So we were on such a good role but we missed a saturday! But we will get back on track! They are both 21 and they have been coming to church and are so excited to learn more so it is fun! So saturday, No baptism! We were bummed but new it was for the best! We want to make sure that people are really ready and not just jumping in blind! But we had so many appointments today! But as we were walking we always have to walk past the Hoyo-as and brother Hoyo-a is a retired mechanic and we see this old jeepney thing in front of his house and he hollars out that he bought this to drive us around to our appointments haha not really but he really did take us to our next appointment in it! HAHA it is so old but so sweet! We were so tempted to ask him if we could drive! HAHA So old school!  We have found 4 new investigators Bro. Rodney, he is the brother in law of one of our ward missionaries and he is LEGIT! Oh my word! He reads and writes down his understanding and his testimony is already so strong! We were teaching about the Law of Chastity and when it came to my turn to speak he had just finished up bearing his testimony of the importance of this law so I just smiled and was like, Um well you said everything that I was going to say! HAHA i just re-testified and we ended! He is awesome! They are fun to teach when they are doing all that they can to understand it! I love it! Being a missionary in this situation is what makes missionary work the best and it really is so rewarding! But we have been trying harder to work and really work out so we do it at night, OH MY SORE!! HAHA what weaklings we are! We can barely do a push up and not feel like we are dying the next day! But we will continue and everyday get stronger because of it! Just like a testimony, nourish it! And dont slack because the second you slack you lose everything haha I must be getting spiritual if  I am relating working out to a testimony! HAHA well now I am just rambling! Pasensya!  Well I love reading all the letters from Abby and Tate! Gosh they really are doing so good!  Well I cant believe that it is summer already! That flew by! I guess it is weird because summer just ended here! Still hotter than hot but not summer! Well I love you all! I miss you!  Sam and Maddy! You are all going to be buff from all that pipe moving!! I cant wait until next week! I love hearing from everyone! Be good and be safe!! MMUUAAAHH!!

LOVE Sister Polatis!
Desaldes Family Home Evening

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts"

Our new investigator--SIster Leona


No comments:

Post a Comment