Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring has sprung!

Hey everyone!!! 
The weather is getting good! I am starting to understand and speak more and more everyday! so all is well! :) I am so glad to hear that everyone is rocking it:) 

Well ya know that cool investigator that we had last week that spoke perfect English who was super interested in learning more..... Well she stood us up and then we haven't heard from her... ha we tried calling her and texting her.. almost stalker status... haha o well "mergem Inainte" (saying when Romanians say you just have to keep going) ha
I forgot to tell you guys this last week but it was cool.. after we kind of had to tell Afrodita that we werent going to meet anymore.. We were leaving and I hear some one on the piano... It was this random girl that just walked into the church (We forgot to lock the doors behind us) ha She was just like.. "o I was just walking by and walked in." It was cool... She was super nice and she said she would come to English! We taught her about the Book of Mormon and all of that then  We got her phone number... We found out she actually gave us the wrong phone number but... it was ok... I think that she will come around again:)
I have also gained a very strong testimony that God has learned to work with our imperfections and make them beneficial... So One day Sora Kelly and I  went to internet and then we left and realized that we forgot to print out some talks that we needed which was the reason that we went there in the first place.. anyways we turned back around and came back to internet... this random kid was in the cafe ... well Sora Kelly was just kind of hanging back while I got onto the calculatora... Then when we were leaving he looked at the Book of Mormon in my hand and my name tag and then he kept walking out.. well then he sees Sora Kelly.. and he pointed to her name tag and was like "what is this" Anyways it was super cool. because he then came to english and he is really interested in learning more about the church -- he doesnt like the orthodox religion at all!! He had so many questions about the book of mormon and our religion! So he said he was going to come to church and everything... well he didnt come to church ... but then we were contacting in a random park AND... we ran into him again!! crazy.. that doesnt happen there is like millions of people in the city.. So we just happened to run into him.. he didnt come to church because he had to run a marathon.. it was a legit excuse because he showed us his medal! ha anyways he is super cool.. and we will see him next week..Super cool!
So ya know how back at home people sometimes get up and speak and they are telling experiences that are kind of weird and not supposed to be shared over the pulpit.. well so this guy is here in Romania.. he doesnt speak romanian and he said that God told him he needs to be here.. anyways he gets up and is talking about temples.. and family history.. and tell all sorts of crazy stories... (these people are like brand new converts and he was putting some deep doctrine out there) They had a person in the ward translating for him and I was just hoping that people were just thinking that he was doing a bad job translating.. he was up there for like 45 min!! rough.. just thought you guys should know it still happens in every church! ha but it was nice after because I played the piano and this sweet lady came up to me and kissed me on the cheeks (normal) and was like "Thank you so much for playing the piano" so cute! I also commented in Relief Society this week!! Which was huge! I talked about how I was able to go to temple dedications back in the USA! They loved it:)
O ya and mom you know how you were like "don't marry any Romanian man" Well that would never happen.. so our missionary ward leader planned this activity and he was like... sorry girls don't be mad but we want every one to play soccer.. he was like but I know you guys don't play sports because it is not pretty for girls to play sports he was like.. how about all of the guys play and you girls cook... We were like um.. no its ok... we can play too... ha but then we were riding the bus home and he lives kind of by us.. and he was talking about cooking and I said.. I am not super good at cooking.. he looked at me half disgusted and said "don't be telling the boys that... you need to be good and cooking and cleaning and ironing.... those are women jobs... ha crazy!! In Romanian seriously they don't allow the men to really clean... it is expected that girls do it.. even if our elders try to help clean they don't let them.. we do it! ha Even when we were at Gorzo yesterday for dinner.. I did all the dishes for everyone.. and a guy in the ward showed up and was eating dinner and the table so I was talking to him practicing my Romanian.. and then Gorzo said "Good thing you are doing the dishes because right when you get home you will be getting married fast and then you will have to cook and clean and everything to make your husband happy" and the ward member agreed! ha I was dying and laughing at the same time.. I am fine cleaning and cooking but crazy that it is so expected!
o ya Sora Kelly and I dyed our Hair again.. we are now the same color! :) dark brown! :) We will send you some pictures next week.. we are going to casa poporului today so we will have more pictures!! Sorry I have been slacking .. once you are in an area for 4 months.. it just seems like I have sent you some of everything! ha
Everything is going great!! We will be doing a lot of contacting this week! and a lady in the ward wants me to dye her hair so that will be fun! She is half paralyzed so it is fun to help her out! :) We have exchanges this week.. It should be fun they are on wednesday... I am loving life! I can't believe how fast time is going... I am learning so much! I plan on finishing the new testament this transfer! It is so great I love reading about the saviors life! I know that this church is true! This mission is the best mission ever:) I know that my life will forever be changed..:)
va iubesc!!! 
cu drag, Sora Abby Polatis 
people always parking backward on the streets

In the distance is a gypsy cart!!!

Me enjoying no coat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment