Monday, May 6, 2013

EASTER WEEK IN ROMANIA!!

Hey everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing great! Congratulations Greg!! wahoo that is awesome! : That secret box thing is pretty cool! I am glad that Brandon pulled through for me! 

 I am super excited to talk to you guys!! but honestly I will probably start crying so just be prepared for that.. and I have no idea how long I can skype home for?? probably an hour? It depends on what Sora Kelly is doing too? so that is exciting! and our we 8 or 9 hours apart?? 

So the lady that I talked about last week from our English class, We met with her 3 times this week! Which is absolutely amazing! She is great. I mean she will progress slow.. but she read a chapter our of the Book of Mormon!! wahoo.. She came in late and was like.. "I am so sorry.. But I read!!" ha we were all super excited and I am getting really good at the song that she printed out for me.. so it is a win win.. she sits by me on the piano and corrects every mistake.. just like grandma used to.. ha but is was awesome in our last lesson with her.. she just stops and looks and me and was like "how are you so sure...?" "You girls are so wise." "The Youth of the world are not like you girls." It was so cool she was in awe that we actually believed everything we were teaching her about the first vision.. it was in Ramanlish (romanian and english) ha it was so powerful.. you can tell that she wants it to be true! We invited her to church on Sunday and she came! and even brought us candy bars... and said that they were from the easter bunny! She is so great! :) We will continue to meet with her this week! O YA and she also said that she wants to adopt me and Sora Kelly?? ha she wants me to ask your permission... hope that is is ok?? haha after I prayed to her in Romanian she came to the conclusion that I was perfect! ha 

Well this week has been a little bit different-- I mean it is the easter holiday so everyone is gone! they leave the big city and go to their country homes to celebrate this time because everything closes and no one has to work for like 5 days! It is cool though because everyone goes around and you don't say buna ziua.. you say "Jesus Christ is Risen.." and then the person replies and says "it is true He is Risen." in Romanian of course.. but it is cool.. they even answer the phone like that. 

We got permission to go to the Orthodox easter mass on Saturday night.. it didnt start until 11:00 so we had to stay up.. I did mean to put "had" how in the world did I stay up past 10:30 before my mission life... but it was so cool! IN Bucaresti it is the best because basically we have like the "temple square" for the Orthodox church that we were able to go to.. All of the missionaries from panduri and mihai bravu went together.. So there is like 20 of us missionaries at their mass... some people were very concerned/ annoyed that we were there.. ha but it was fun.. even one of our Elders got interviewed.. I am sure that I made Romanian national television.. ha so we are all sitting outside of the church and the their head priest guy is there (like our Prophet) and he comes out and starts his chant and then everyone is crossing themselves and then they bring out these torches.. and they claim that they have brought this flame from the holy land of Jerusalem and they brought it by plane..  and they then light everyones candles in the congregation..and then if the flame doesnt go out by the time you get home then ALL of your sins are forgiven! and I made it home with mine!!! wahoo:) I will send pictures! It was cool though.. everyone was up and about.. they even kept the metrou going so that people can get home.. it was a crazy site to see everyone sitting on the metrou with their candles lit! That was for sure a once in a life time thing.. ha well until next easter:) ha 

Well I dont want this to be too long so that we can chat it up in a few days! so everyone have a great week! The church is true! I love you all so much! Isus Hristos a inviat!! 
cu drag, 
Sora Polatis 


Easter dinner

Found these sweet beaded Easter Eggs

Cute Eggs

An Elder being interviewed by the News  about what we believe about Easter

We all got to go to Easter Mass

My candle stayed lit til I got home--My sins are forgiven!

So are Sister kelly's

Still being forgiven!!!

Dinner at Sister Gorzo's house

MTC Friends

Their sins are forgiven also!

Easter Dinner lounging party!

No comments:

Post a Comment