Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Caled home for Mothers Day:)))

Hey Family! It was really good to see and talk with everyone.. minus Tate and Sarah but I am glad that they are doing great! That is what I like to hear! 

We had zone training this week and it was really fun-- I got to go on a little split exchange with Sora Tobler... It was fun-- We talked to some cool girls that I think are going to come to our English classes. We also met with Sora Nan our less active.. She was not really excited to meet with us like she usually is? We don't know what happened? Maybe she is sick of us making her feel guilty for not coming to church? I don't know.. either way we stayed for about 10 minutes because she said she was too tired to talk-- We will try again this week! :) 

We were able to meet with Sora Dragu again this week and talk about the restoration with her! We love Sora Dragu she helps us so much with the language and she called us her "dear children" ha so we love visiting her. We are going to be teaching her the plan of salvation this week! 
We then were able to meet with a lady that the elders found contacting. She is great! She has not been able to have kids and then she found out her husband has been cheating on her. she talked about how she thinks it was Gods way of helping her not be in a bad situation with her husband. She is very smart and speaks PERFECT english:) so it is great! She seems to be very receptive and loves to pray personal prayers. So we meet with her tonight! We are so excited to teach her the plan of salvation!! Wish us luck! 

So we again met with our investigator that is teaching me the piano. I have gained a huge testimony of giving people a baptismal challenge early on when teaching someone. She talked about how she doesn't really have a testimony in Christ. She watched some documentary that claims Christ could just be an Alien. I didn't know what to say to her but I honestly felt like the missionaries on the "district" that they made us watch in the MTC when I had to tell her if she has no intentions of every getting baptized then it is wasting our time and her time to meet. She said she doesn't want to have to read and pray every day and come to church... What can you do when people don't have a desire? I think she will come around later.... ha  so we will still see her at our English classes. 

As far as nursing goes out here. The mission is just too spread out for me to be able to be called the "mission nurse." I do have people call me if they are sick and I give them advice. I am working with the senior couple to try to volunteer and some clinics so I will see what I can do. I think I will be able to go to that doctors seminar -- where the american doctors will come and teach the doctors here and that is next week. It was also really cool when I met that lady at church that said she has set up an organization in Romanian. She said that I would be a perfect candidate to come back to Romanian with her company so we will see! But I will for sure look for more opportunities to use my nursing skills! 

I love you all so much! I love being a missionary... ya some days it is hard but it really is worth it! I am so happy to be hear.. I would not rather be anywhere else in the world! I am supposed to be in Romania right now! I know that the Lord has a great purpose for me here! 
Have a great week!!! This gospel is true! 
cu drag, Sora Abby Polatis 


Abbys District!!

No comments:

Post a Comment