Monday, May 20, 2013

rainy here too!


Hey Family!!!! bom dia!!
      Mom I dont know if I really told you this on Mothers Day but you are the best Mom ever and I love you!!:) Thanks for everything you have done for me and raised me to be!
          So yea it was awesome to see everyone last Sunday. Everyone looks great. Yea my companions and I have some good times. Sometimes we get a little too competitive at stuff which causes problems but its all good. But of course I have challenged people to baptism, always on the first lesson:) It has been sort of a disappointing week though. We thought that we were going to baptize this African family of 5 in May, but they just said that they aren't ready yet, so now we have to push their date back a little bit. We really wanted to baptize them in May because it would go towards our goal of 100 baptisms in May so hopefully the rest of the mission is doing their part ha. But yesterday we had a cool experience. We met with this excommunicated member named travis. And he served a mission and everything but just went a little crazy after the mission. So anyways, we told him we wanted to come see him and he was like sure. So we went over last night and he had 4 of his friends with him. All pretty much goofballs and maybe a little tipsy from drinking, but we taught all of them and they seemed to accept the restoration farely well. Ones name was Joe and he said that he almost got baptized awhile back but he got a divorce from his wife so he kind of just strayed away from it. But he has a very strong testimony of the Book of Mormon which is a huge step!! Man it was sweet. We set up a time to meet with him on Wednesday without all the other goofballs, so I think it will go way good. I'm excited to teach him. We also set up appointments with the other guys, but they are a lot farther behind so it'll go a lot better splitting them up.
       So yea my flag on my online missionary portal changed back to Brazil!!!!:) Ha i'm not sure if that means anything, but it might! Transfers are on June 6th, so that is coming up really quick. I really want to get a baptism here though so hopefully this Joe guy is our miracle baptism. But all of my buddies are doing great!! They write me and tell me how everything is going. Tanner Chambers wrote me and just talked about how blessed he was for moving to Rigby with all of us. I email Colin every now and again. He seems to be doing awesome!. There are ton of people getting ready to go, I bet the Bretheren are way busy right now. This member that drives us around (Josh) has been waiting a month already and still doesnt have his call. Ha I told him that he is going to get called to Brazil and have to wait like I did.
            Wow!! Rigby Track really is amazing haha. That program is just killing it. I'm sure that Parrish is on top of the world just taking that all in haha. Our church building is right next to the High School here which is a huge high school, and everyone is out there practicing high jump and all that. Maybe I should have practiced more... Nahh! But the mission is great. I love it when we have appointment after appointment. Best days  for sure. We have Zone conference tomorrow so that should be good. Oh and I went on exchanges with the zone leaders who are the Spanish Elders, and Elder Spackman, who is from Sugar City, was talking to this lady in Spanish and I picked up a ton of what they were saying. It was great!
     Thats great that you guys got some rain!! It rains soo much here. Last night there was a tornado warning and man the rain was pouring down. I'll try to send you a picture of this car that was in some pretty deep water. It is so green over here. And there are no pivots or pipe. They just rely on the rain here. So yea everythings great and I miss you all!!! Love you!! Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment