Monday, May 20, 2013

Rainy season in starting!!


 Well This week we couldn't go out on Monday due to elections being dangerous because of all the people. But Sister Arnold was made a Sister Trainer so she goes on exchanges with all the seniors brings them to our area so that means that I go to the other areas with the other junior companions, well they are all new sisters....they have been here less than me like only 8 days hahaha so they relied on my language, ROUGH! BUT all was well, my first area for exchanges was Silay, it was really fun we really just made it super fun being that both of us didn't really understand what was going on but we taught and made the best of it. I was with Sister Sefeti, she is from Fiji, what a fun girl! We were walking around and we heard a bunch of little kids screaming and running so we were a little nervous, well we just had to go look. A 23ish age boy (reminded me of Derek actually) But he had slit the throat of this dog and was stringing it up a tree to skin in for DINNER!!! HAHA I took a picture, the dog really didnt have that much meat it looked but it still was interesting to watch and he just laughed while I took a picture! Next I went to Talisay. That was a full day of working and we just attacked it.  My language actually got better towards the end of the day and I got a confidence boost being in a different area and just saying what I know! It was weird being away from Sister Arnold but it is bound to happen so exchanges will happen 2 times a week so maybe that will get me in gear and help me learn quicker. It is amazing what a little stepping up will do for a person! But I came back on Friday for weekly planning and we really have stepped it up as far as finding people. President is expecting us to baptize weekly so we really have to focus on our finding efforts. But we also have to maintain the ones that we have already baptized. So it will keep us busy I am sure. In my personal studies I really been trying to pick out qualities that I want to build in myself and strengthen. I think confidence has kept me busy. Really with faith that is where the confidence comes from. When I lack faith in my teaching or speaking skills that is when I start to doubt myself. So it is about faith!!!! Well we Baptized Bro. Anthony, He really is so awesome. His desire to read and learn about the Book of Mormon really lets us know that he will continue and be fine in all his efforts in the church. Just this last Saturday we baptized Bro. Nico. He is 12 years old and such a fun guy. Where he was younger really taught him in detail in making sure he understood what a big commitment this was and one day while we were teaching him he was so curious about the priesthood and how he wanted it. So we continued and he was so excited after he was confirmed on Sunday! He has a sister who is really strong and has been for over a year now along with his grandparents. So he will be just fine as far as support goes. We have this new couple in our ward. They just moved here from Hawaii. She is from California and he is from Here in the 'pines. Well we were talking to her on Sunday and she was just telling us how hard of an adjustment it is being here and how different everything so we just let her know, ya it is super weird and really hard and somethings are harder than others but to stick it out and before you know it, it will feel normal. HAHA well washing clothes in a bucket never really feels normal but it gets easier. I see how some people live here and how they have to go fetch water and really in my apartment it is a really nice apartment. I am just thankful for that. We are supposed to me moving out sometime before the 31st but we aren't sure when that will be. We will live with the 6th ward sisters. They currently live next door to us and we love them. Well that is about it for the week.  But I  am becoming stronger because of being here! I know that this is what I needed and the Lord knew it to! He is probably up there thinking that he has his work cut out with me in helping me get to where he knows I should be! HA well thanks for all the letters and love and prayers! It really does sound like everyone is doing so good! Just stay that way! We were sad to hear that Sister Monson passed away, I remember when Sister Hinckley passed away and how sad that was but that they continue on knowing the plan and what they need to do to be together forever! I am so thankful to have been born in this gospel, I always look at people and wonder how I would be if I was in that situation. Weird. But I am so lucky to be here and able to teach! Really I have gotten so much better at not just teaching while they listen but really having them open up and get involved. I love being a missionary!! But I love you all! Cant wait until next week! Tell everyone hi! Nahidlaw ko sa inyo!!!! MMUUAAH!!!
Sister Polatis!!

My shade umbrella

Little bro. Nico

My District

Sister May--She comes with us alot
 c
Caught in a Typhoon rain storm--drenched!!!

hauling water

Practicing the piano before church

Bro. Anthony--So golden

No comments:

Post a Comment