Monday, August 26, 2013


Well how is everyone?  But this week was really good. I focused in my studies on the blessings that I have and ways that I can improve myself instead of focusing on that which doesnt make me the most happy. Really it worked. I had a really good week. Came home at the end of the day and really what was on my mind was positive things! It just goes to show you that you really can talk yourself into anything and it will all be just fine. But a fabulous week.
Monday: We had our zone activity. We went to the Ruins at Bata. It was really quite fun! So pretty and it was fun to just get together with everyone. We took so many pictures. It was really weird to wear pants. But there really are some pretty things here. Which was nice. We were kind of rushed, we went back grocery shopped in record time and went to and FHE with the Mesa family. So many little kids, super loud but it was so much fun. We took 2 girls from the Ward, they are around the same ages as the investigators and they were the best fellowshippers. So friendly and very inviting of the girls. So we were way excited.
Tuesday, Well it was Tuesday. HA We went to our District meeting. Really it was helpful. When you have tried everything you can do for one family it was nice to get feedback from other missionaries of things you can try. So it was helpful. We went back to the church because we were to cheap to go home haha but we did our studies there. I was focusing on the Plan of Salvation. I know it, in english but in Hiligaynon I struggle a little bit. Mostly just for words. But I drew it out, must say, I am not really that artistic. But it was fun anyways.
Wednesday: So funny story. When Sisters leave they usually leave most of their clothes, Well we have 2 bags just of clothes. Well we were all feeling really sick of what we had, so yes, we did a little searching and we found 3 dresses, Not crazy hidious but bad enough that we still wore them. The one I wore isnt horrible. Sister Becerra and Sister Livingston have already taken their turn of wearing it, we are calling it the Sister hood of the nasty dress club. We all have to wear it. And who ever comes into the house should too. It was actually really comfortable and We all just had a good time with it. I had a really good day. Just went out and went for it. I felt like I talked to everyone. This lady stopped me she was kind of old and possibly drunk, but she was wearing this bag thing on her head, well I felt bad because it was raining really bad, But out of courtesy I offered her my umbrella, well usually they say no but thanks anyways. Well not her, SHE TOOK IT!! HAHA I was shocked. Well Heavenly Father Blessed me, it stopped raining and it didnt rain again until I bought a new umbrealla. IUt was Broken anyways but really I was hoping that it would get me through rainy season.
Thursday: We went out and just worked. We met with the Other sisters to get a cone after all our work was done. Well there was this drunk guy who came into the little convient store. Well he starts talking to us and asking us if we would give him a bible. I didnt have one so I just gave him a pamphlet. Well he would leave and keep coming back to it was starting to get uncomfortable, so the other sisters are like, "Lets go" But the whole store was like watching us and laughing so I decided to just share a little bit and extra loudly I told him what time church was so that others could here and maybe they would come too. HAHA kind of creepy but he was so drunk he couldn't catch us if he tired, poor guy couldnt even stand up straight.
Friday: Taught Sister Mary Joy and Brother John Fren. Oh my word. They are so ready. They will be baptized next weekend. It is a mom and her son. We taught the 10 commandments and I really was struggling through the lesson of speaking, but it was fine because we were all laughing and you could tell that the spirit was there anyways. They look away from the lesson what was needed. So not too horrible.
Saturday we had the baptism of Sister HyraMae. I love her. She is so smart and she understands everything. She is 13. She was so excited she showed up early and we taught her how to bear her testimony. She is the granddaughter of some of our members. So her grandpa baptized her. I was so excited. I never really get over that feeling of seeing the change in people. Not that she was ever bad but you can just tell that she is happy. She is learning new things and applying this gospel into her life. She had a super awesome testimony and really if she gets involved with the young womens and Personal progress she will be awesome.
We had a good day yesterday. I spoke in church. I focused on Missionary Work. How there are so many opportunities all around us. Even if we cant see them as a religious sharing moment, just doing service and being an example. People see that and they recognize that there is something different. We have a lot of new ideas that will hopefully help our proselyting. I am excited for next week. This transfer and flown by. But the work is good and we always do our best to really just make everyday the best. Even if sometimes it is hard, which it is.
But I love you guys. I am always glad to hear that everyone is doing good. We love our house, finally we dont have water issues, but that can change any second. HAHA never know. Everything is super green. Sometimes I am walking and it just hits me that I live on this Island. Weird. Gosh Abby and Tate sound really good.  I love you all! Be good and be safe. Make sure you follow us on FB. Bacolod Fifth Ward.  Miss you all! Feel free to send me pictures anytime you want! I love new pictures!!! HA LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!
Love Sis Sarah
Little Sister HyraMae!!

Preparing the font!!

The Aguando Family

P-day--to the RUINS!

leaning wall of the "Pines"


I feel a hand!

Chess anyone?

ugly dresses that ole sisters leave behind--I wonder WHY???

No comments:

Post a Comment