Monday, August 12, 2013

Hey Family!!
          
        This week has been a fairly good week. A little disappointing because the 18 year old kid that we were going to get baptized this Saturday is too scared of his parents and said that he wants to go to college first and study a little more before he gets baptized. So now I have no idea when that is going to be. So this week was pretty full with finding:) Haha which kills your self esteem pretty fast!! ha jk. We actually had some pretty good success. Finally got to teach this black guy that I knocked into a month ago, and we got his daughter and wife to listen and her daughters friend. It was a pretty quick lesson, but the spirit was there and they ate it up. Ahh I just hate when they come at you with hugs!!!! That is just an abomination to me right now haha. So we have to tell them that we aren't really supposed to hug anyone of the opposite sex, but it just shows me that they really liked the lesson. They are also ready to give up smoking and all that so we are going to work with them this week. Also found another family from Kenya. The dad came to the door wearing an Idaho shirt so that was definitely a good conversation starter, and I guess he has a sister in-law that lives in Idaho falls. They were pretty cool but really Baptist ha. They are going to take a lot of work.
        We also had a lesson with the old lady that took us to the Nauvoo pageant. Ha we went over there and got to make our own pizzas:) She was so funny. I told her that we could only be there for like an hour and she was pretty upset. She thought that we were going to stay until our night was over. Ha so it was kind of a rushed lesson, but she has just had a hard life and wants nothing to do with the Book of Mormon. She did come to church on Sunday though and stayed for all 3 hours. In Gospel Prinicples we were talking about the spirit world, and she had no Idea what that was so it was perfect and got her wanting to learn more. So now she is reading the Book of Mormon;) We will have to turn her over though because she is not in our ward boundaries, but I think that she will progress pretty quickly.
         Yea the transfer is almost over again which is crazy!! So I guess I'll get to see if I've got it or not again. I always hear about how crazy Brazil is getting though so maybe the general authorities are just keeping me safe and holding on to my visa. Everything is going good here though. We are going over to this recently activated families house today to play some ping pong and stuff so I'm excited for that. It has been forever since I've played some ping pong. I'm excited for this week though. We're focusing on setting some dates this week and our schedule is pretty full so we should be way busy this week.
    How is harvest going? It was about this time last year when I was working that with one arm:) But everything is going great, and I'm having fun. It really is a great time to be a missionary. I guess the general authorities have said no more backpacks so I might have to find a side bag or something. But President Jensen said to get one that has a place for a mini I-pad so we might be getting some soon. The work is definitely changing. I love you all!!! Thanks for all your prayers and support. Have a great week.
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment