Monday, August 12, 2013


Buna Dragii mei! 
FOOD STORIES
-Rough week for food. So we decided to go visit some members in the ward they are really nice and they have three kids. We were walking up and we already ate dinner because we usually don't get fed- Well we run into the Dad and he has grocery bags of food and he was like "you guys haven't eaten have you?" We said- "a little." then he said "Good because we have food for you!" So we walk into the house. I will just paint this picture for you. It is 100 degrees. No Air conditioning. A little 2 month old baby is crying. A two year old little girl is crying. And a 5 year old boy is running around crazy. The mom is in the kitchen preparing our feast. The husband wont let us help or do anything because he is showing us all of their pictures from Portugal. I tried to go help and he was like "no no look at all my pictures." Well after that we all sit down at this little table and the mom brings out our food. She places this big bowl of...... (my stomach dropped) Greek salad. Including... potatoes, boiled eggs, pepper, olives, some sauce and FISH. but don't worry they reassured us.... "its raw fish... straight from the Black Sea." first off you all know that I DISLIKE fish and second we are not supposed to eat fish from the black sea. Well how could we turn it down? He has been out of work for years... they live in this tiny apartment and the mom had just spent an hour making us this "gourmet meal" so I dished out my plate and I did a pretty good just of not getting the fish. Well after I finished the Dad was like "o you need more!" I tried to turn him down but with no luck! He loaded my plate up with 2 more big spoon fulls filled with fish. I just prayed that I would die and swallowed the raw fish strips whole. Heavenly Father really helped us out... I don't know how I did that! 
-Yesterday we went over to a lady's house in our ward to teach her non member husband. Well she always loves to feed us. We got there and it was ..... mamaliga... sorry I don't mean to sound bratty but I am just not a fan... it is like raw corn meal... but the best part of it is that she had cheese that she put with it and as she was pouring out the cheese onto the plate- Sora Rivera pulled out like 3 pieces of hair from the cheese- She reassured us that that was a good sign because it was "non processed cheese" We almost died! I was really missing my very process Cheddar cheese from the states. Thankfully Sora Rivera ate about half of my plate when they left because randomly one of their neighbors came to the gate and was like "hurry miheala... someone is dying..." so the family took off running because one of their really old neighbors was dying. 
Well there is my food stories for the week. ha o Romania- You just have to love it!!! 
 Our investigators are doing good. Our Jewish people are excited to have skype lessons with us in Israel so we are pumped about that. We had a lesson with Andreea... She is amazing! So ready to get baptized! I am so excited for her to be baptized in September! Alina is super solid also- She thinks that we are her angels she is progressing every week just a little slow! but we love her! 
We also started doing this service project where we meet with like 6 girls and two small families at this cafe thing and we are teaching them English and things about the United States. It is really fun. A lady just asked us if we would do it because they know that we are Americans- They give us free strawberry lemonades so it is a win win situation! We are really trying to give a good name to the church. Then afterwards they taught us how to make bracelets and they had to do it all in English. It was super fun! 
A little bit rough on health this week.. we were playing frisbee on Friday night and I fell into this hole and twisted my ankle... I was so scared that I broke it but... thankfully it was fine... I got up.. walked it off and kept playing! My ankle feels great today... and also I NEVER get sick but when I do get sick my whole body shuts down... Well that has been me for the past couple of days.. but we still go out and do everything. Our investigator that came to church was like "it is because you drank water that had ice in it." ha she was being dead serious so I just agreed with her and was like "yes you are probably right!" I was trying to play the piano and I could not play to save my life. Ha but I still made it work and we were still able to sing.
I love Romanian... I am so glad to be here! Being a missionary is the best thing ever! I would not trade it for anything in the world. The scriptures are true! I know that God Loves us so much! I hope that you all have a great week! Good luck with everything! I love you all!
Cu mare mare Drag, Sora Abby Polatis
After my hair "dye" day

street contacting in English

random telephone booth

my district fake laughing

My real district

aren't we cute

we love faking happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment