Monday, August 19, 2013

Hiiiiiii Family!!!:)
      Elder Winchester and I are trying to get a ride down to the Nauvoo temple tomorrow to do a session with one of his converts that is ready to go in. I'm way excited. I bet that Temple is amazing inside.
        Some cool things happened this week though, not a lot but some ha. So there was this young family that just barely got re-activated like a month, I think I told you about them, we go play ping pong at their house every Monday. But anyway, they are awesome!!!! They were called as ward missionaries and just want to help out with anything they can. They are great and definitely going to speed the work up. I love having them in Gospel Principles class because they just can really relate to the people that we bring to church. So here is the miracle for the week. We spent all day Saturday just looking for people and it was just a really rough day. We did come in contact with this black family that we taught once and they said that they were for sure coming to church, and of course they didn't show up. So it is like 20 minutes before sacrament meeting starts and we have a few investigators there but I was just feeling like this week we didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but right when I was thinking that a lady that we had been teaching just comes out of no where!! Ha its that lady that can like see spirits and stuff. She was gone for like 2 weeks in Vegas and we have had no contact with her and she just decides to show up. She said that she wanted to check it out before she brought her kids. I was way excited because this family would be great to watch progress and become members of the church. It was a great day of church too. She has always thought of us as being like this perfect people and never making any mistakes and just being weird and that is where that less active couple comes into play because in Gospel Principles class she was just bearing her testimony and telling about how she did all this stuff and finally realized that this was the true church. It was great. So now we have an appointment with them this week and can hopefully get them a goal as to when they can be prepared to be baptized. Anyway that's about all that really happened last week. We did have a ton of dinners with members which was awesome. Usually the Sisters get all the dinners ha.
       Gosh transfer calls are already this Saturday again!!! I cant believe it. I am excited to see once again if I got my visa though ha. A member was telling me that his dad has a calling in the church and knows stuff about visas and said that Brazil does have a great relationship with the church there has just been so many that it is just taking a long time. 
       
          Tell grandmas and grandpas hi for me, I miss them all. Yea things are going good here though. We have the Mongolian guys baptism this Saturday. Odmandakh!! Ha he is a cool guy. I have a lot of respect for his faith because he cant really understand what goes on at church all that well and he is still going through with it. The language of the Spirit is great!! I got my little Hino ( Brazilian hymn book) So now I make my companion sing some hymns with me every morning before I start my language study:) Its great.
          Have a great week family:) Love youuuuuuu!!!!
Love, Elder Polatis

Our baptism

My new friend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment