Monday, August 5, 2013

What a successful week! Crazy but it really went well. It was transfer week but I stayed in 5th ward with Sister Livingston, so probably 6 more weeks here! Everyone always gives me crap saying that I will have a Bacolod 5th ward mission haha! Maybe I will! But Sister Davis was transferred from our House she is now is Mansilingan I believe and Sister Vargus is now training an America, Sister Becerra! She is awesome! We all get along super good so that is nice! There were 29 new missionaries and 21 of them were sisters!! Crazy! And I think the next transfer is about the same! Sisters are taking over the field! So first, Mondays are always good! Of course it is P-day! We all went out and got everything all prepared. We followed up with some of the LA's in our ward so just quick visits but they were needed. They need to know that we are still thinking about them and wanting them to come to church!  
Tuesday: We went to our District meeting and I was just feeling it! I We needed to get out and do work!! Well we love the words "I have a referral for you" They are the best things ever! Well it was from a guy in our ward to gives them to us a lot but sometimes they arent really interested so I was a little nervous about this one. But we go to this house and the guy is speaking in Hiligaynon. Then when we start the lesson he starts out speaking ENGLISH!! BLESSINGS!! HAHA  His name is Gibran! He is in his 30's and really is such a religious guy! As we were talking to him he was telling us just that there is something different about the Mormons and that we are all so helpful and wanting to help others all the time. He was previously Roman Catholic and says that something was just always missing so he is on the search for the truth. Anyways so he had so so so many questions and most were just about the priesthood and then what happens to us when we die. Well I wasnt sure where to start, like what should I teach. Well the restoration seemed like the best place to go! Well I start out and then all the sudden he was asking me "Why did the mobs kill Joseph Smith? He was a really good guy just trying to make the world a better place!!" I was like WHAT??  You know about Joseph Smith? He was like Yes, I studied about him from.....oh what do you call it the D&C??? HAHA I just bust out laughing!! I loved it!! Also he has read true to the faith!! So needless to say it isnt just explaining the basics! He really wants to know! I was so surprised and I think he will definitely progress!
Wednesday: Most days are just normal where we teach and we really did good this day! We had a dinner appointment with Crystal and Fidel. They are awesome, we had chopped suey! That is becoming one of my favorites just because I love the veggies and of course rice! 
Thursday! We found some new investigators last week a 15 year old girl and a 10 year old boy! They just live in the neighborhood of  some of our recent converts! Well we started teaching them earlier this week and today both of their moms came and sat in with us! The mom of brother Johnfren the 10yr old seems interested! So we focused on them. We taught the Word of Wisdom and she committed and from what I know she doesnt have a problem! I was just so stoked because I was actually able to speak Hiligaynon thru the whole lesson! Once again BLESSINGS!!! HAHA
Friday, Well we got the news that we would be having another set of missionaries in our ward! 2 sisters! It is Sister DeQuina and Sister Monson (yes she is related to the prophet) HA Sister D has been in the mission 4 months and Sister Monson is brand new! 4 days or something like that! So we met up with them and split the area. We took them on a little tour of what their boundries would be and told them what we had planned and just let them go! We will probably have to work with them more to make sure they know where they are going! They are so cute and we are excited, our area was huge and it will be nice to focus on certain areas!
Saturday: We had a one day mission! Well not really one day, 2 hour mission! Ha we have a huge ward list and we needed to know if they still lived here or what! So we divided and it actually went really well! I love the members who came and supported! It is nice for them to get out and help us find so that when we get transferred the people will know some members! It was great! We will try it again sometime soon and hopefully it can be a little bit longer! We had a pizza afterwards! This pizza is the biggest pizza I have every seen! It was so funny! Tasted Pretty good too!
Sunday! Man, Blessings really do await you when you do what is right! (I might be getting a little weird ha) Quoting hymns and what not! HA! We had a really good day for investigator attendance! The Johnfren and his MOM came! I was so happy to see her and she seemed happy to be there! We had a baptismal Interview for Jaime. He is 59 and has kidney cancer, used to do dialysis 2 times a week and now he has arthritis so he cant take pain meds. Well on Saturday we did a BIQ review with him and he was like "Sisters Im to sick to go to church, I can barely walk." But I was like you need to try your hardest! If you miss your interview you cant be baptized. Well HE CAME!!!!! Poor guy I felt so bad! He was hurting like crazy but he knows that he needs to be baptized so he made it happen! That was a huge testimony builder to me! Being in so much pain but still doing all that he could to fulfill his purpose!! I love it! So He will be baptized on Saturday! I am so excited! I know that this church is true! I love being here and even though it is hard majority of the time and that our running water isn't really every running haha I can do this! I know that Heavenly Father knows us and he gives us what he knows we can handle! He really wants the best for us and when we struggle I think a lot of the times it is because we aren't turning to who we need to be turning to! I love the Book of Mormon! Man amazing the insights that I have received and learning how to apply them to me! I have found out how I like to teach and I can see my personality coming out more and more everyday! I kind of hid it when I couldnt speak and now I cant do that! I just let it go and maybe that is how people will respond to me! Sister Livingston was saying to me the other day, she was like "Sister, I want to be more friendly, like you! People genuinely like you and they trust you!" Not like patting myself on the back but it was nice to hear! We all are so different but that is how we contribute to those around us!! I love this work! So fun!!! Be good and be safe!! Until next week!!! Gosh I miss you guys!!! You are the BEST!!!! MMUUAAH ~~~HI TO ALL~~~
Sarah

Typhoon--forgot to shut my window

Tracting in this much water and who knows what else!!

our 1 day missionaries!


Our HUGE pizza after our 1 day mission day!

No comments:

Post a Comment