Monday, August 12, 2013

Hi family
Monday: REUNITED!! Oh my word! I got to work with Sister Arnold again on Monday night! I really have missed that girl! Sister Livingston went with her companion to a different area! So we hit up all our old 'best lesson spots" we really just acted like we were still companions except that I was able to speak a lot better than I used to! We really had a fun! I will miss her! I cant believe how fast time goes, she goes home so soon! LOVE HER!! So it was a good day of proselyting!
Tuesday:So since we had to split our area with the other sisters we had to actually go to areas that I haven't been to in a while so it was kind of fun! We went to Riverside. Oh my! What an adventure! It was raining and flooding, and really Riverside isnt by a river at all.....more like a swamp! HA There are these bamboo bridges everywhere and when the bamboo gets wet it gets slippery, I think I almost fell in the swampy water like 800 times! The ward missionaries were like "Sister, Hinay" HAHA like slow down, be careful! But I was on the move. I needed to find these people and it was starting to get dark! We were able to find about 3 families of whom I have never met and haven't been to church in a while! We found one that has a daughter who isnt baptized, so we will work with them and hopefully get the family reactivated and baptize the daughter! I was excited. I felt like I could just do and say whatever and hopefully they can feel like they can trust me and start to come back! A tad hard hearted- But seriously, that doesn't really bug me! I will still try to get them back!! So needless to say, it was HARD but I loved it! I cant wait to find more people in that area. I am sure that once I get a little more familiar with the area I will be fine!
Wednesday: We had exchanges today. So I had to go to Silay! It was with Sister Maloata. What a champ! I loved her! She just attacked her work and really gave me some awesome insights to what I might want to apply here in 5th ward! We had a good day. I had my first tsaangi (Chungy??) experience! Ha sorry I cant spell! But they are all over here and I never stop. Just little stores all along the way. Well Sis M got hungry and so I decided to buy too! HA it was...different! Kind of nice! HA random, I know! We were teaching this lady who was previously catholic and it was like 9pm I was so tired and really this family had a lot of excuses. They had a Santos, Santos in their house (graven image) Well I just sat there trying to catch all of what she was saying about how it isnt bad to have in her house if she isn't praying to it and that it is a sign of respect in the Catholic church and what not, Well me, you know me when I am tired, a tad grouchy and just like wanting to get out, plus my legs were being attacked by mosquitoes. Sister M was trying to explain it like 5 times. Finally I just was like "Sister, I understand it is respect, BUT what is the point if you arent praying to it! And you need to pray and ask God if he wants it in your home, if he says yes, then go for it! But I am pretty sure He would send feelings of discouragement" HAHAHA i felt like a BRAT! I said it nice, it just started to annoy me! After the lesson Sister M gave me props! I didnt feel quite so bad about it! And I cant wait to see if she got rid of it or not! Next week! But it was fun! I liked exchanges!
Thursday:Another Day of Hitting up a new area! We this time went to Sibucao. It is right by the ocean and has such a pretty view. We found a former investigator and visited some LA's! It will take some time but I think that all will be fine! We will continue to work hard in those areas and hopefully people will be open and receptive to the things that we have to say! TANI!!! But we were trying to find this house, and alone the way when it is muddy they have tires that you can jump on to get over without getting to muddy, well this really shady looking kid was helping us find the way and he is in front of me, well I jumped to the next tire and SLIPPED!! HAHA next thing I know this kid is like holding on to me, and yes, I am weird! I like freaked out! Thanking him like a million times but feeling so nervous that the contact we just made was not a handshake! HAHA weird! He was nice though! Maybe I will go back and teach him, who knows! HA
Friday: So i LOVE it when things that I have studied come to my mind in lessons! Really built my testimony that the Spirit is in our lessons and that my studies paid off. We taught Gibran. We gave him a BofM last week and he is already in 2nephi! SO awesome! He is really so interested and he wants to read! All the time he says that this is probably going to be his religion! We were feeling that he was getting to engulfed in knowing everything instead of focusing on how the spirit was testifying to him. So we talked to him about faith and feeling the spirit. All the things I studied earlier just kept coming to mind, since he rejected a Bap date last week I was nervous but something kept at me to just say what I studied and to see where it went. Well I just told him that sometimes we have to take a step in the dark and know that we will have a firm foundation placed under our path. Well he accepted to a date!!! YES!!! I was so excited. He has so much potential and I am stoked to go back this week. 
Saturday-This was the bitter part of the week! Our Baptismal Candidate DIDN'T show up:( He was too sick! He has arthritis and Cancer and he has just been feeling so horrible. BUT we will continue to help him be ready! He has so much desire and he needs to be baptized. We still had a baptism for Farah, Paula and Adrian. Technically it counted for the other sisters but we were the ones that taught them. So they were excited to see us and They were way excited for baptism. Super Cute!! After the Baptism we met with the other Sisters! They are excited to get the work going more in our ward and so we talked about ways to unify our work! We will try them out next week! 
Sunday: Another great Sunday! Most all of our Investigators with a Baptismal date were at church! So they are still progressing! We had an interview for Brother Marjoe. He is a stud! Oh my gosh! He is smart as a whip and he loves all the stories from the Book of Mormon. We started to ask him what he remembers and he can state like everything that we have taught him! He is more than ready and he is 12 and on Sunday he asked when he would be able to pass the sacrament! So I am excited to see him progress after his baptism! We had a good MCM with our ward. They are super helpful and really willing to help us out! This next week will be awesome! I am getting a little better at language everyday. It helps that now I dont let it eat me up inside. If I cant say something or I dont get it I just laugh and ask what! So hopefully soon I will be just letting it come out and not stumbling! But slowly but surely!! I know I can do this! All good things take time!! 
I really love you all! I was thinking the other day how really LUCKY and BLESSED i am! I have the best support system in the whole world! That all of us are active and knowing who we need to follow. It blows my mind sometimes! I just think of how far I have come and wonder really what would have happened had I stayed at home! I love this! As hard as it is I love it! I know that I can do hard things! I just never gave myself the chance to do it!  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all! MMUUAAH! Cant wait until next week to hear from you! Just about half way and it is nuts! I feel like I just got here! Weird! Tell everyone HI for me!!
LOVE
Sis Sarah
our splits

Our "Baptisee" before the Baptism

ready to be baptized

No comments:

Post a Comment