Monday, August 19, 2013

Baptism--YES


Hello All! Well I feel like I was just doing this yesterday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JARON and BODE!!! Celebrate. I hope you have a wonderful day and that you party it up! HAHA love you both so much and we will celebrate next year!! Jaron your going to be 25??? WEIRD haha Crazy how time is flying!  During trials is the most important time to learn how important the Atonement really is! That is funny about the hospital bed! I hope that they like it and that it is something that will work for them! Scary to think that we all get older and things really do change really fast! But it is all for the best!  but ya I feel like a way different person here living sometimes with water and sometimes without it! Who would have thought!! HAHA But despite all the hard times I feel really good about being a missionary right now!! So many new things are happening to get this work going and I love it!
Tuesday we had our Mission Presidents Training! Ha I love President! He really is serious but you can tell that he loves us and just wants us to fulfill our potential as missionaries! We focused a lot on "Harnessing the power of the members!" So we got some good ideas to help with that! But Sister Livingston and I were authorized to use FACEBOOK! We have now begun online proselyting! We will take turns with the other Sisters. But it was awesome! It is the Bacolod Fifth ward if you want to check it out!! HA it was weird getting back into the FB scene! But hopefully we will be able to find Less Actives and find people interested through other people! Fingers Crossed that it works! We were pretty excited about it! We will spend probably an hour every couple days to keep it updated! We went out and did normal proselyting. When we got home it was way dark, there was a brown! This was my first one where it was like dark outside so I was a little bit nervous but Sister Vargus whipped these candles out from no where and we all just hung out in the candlelight. I felt like I was in an old movie or something! Pretty funny!!
Wednesday: The other sisters were still pretty lost about where stuff was and where people lived. So we went out with them for a couple hours! Then we headed to our area! We stopped by this house where there are Less actives and investigators. Well as we were teaching it is pretty normal for all the little neighbor kids to come in (because we are american) So we let them come in, it was a huge group of kids well it started getting loud but we didnt mind we usually try to have fun with it but they were getting distracted really easy, so we whipped out the cotton ball alcohol experiment and it worked like a charm. All fully focused and ready to answer our questions. Super awesome and we found some new investigators from it.....LEGIT
Thursday: We had a really good day of teaching. We followed up with Marjoe. He is so awesome. Smart as a whip and just super excited that he was going to be baptized. He reads like everything that we tell him and hopefully he will get the priesthood right away and start passing the sacrament. I love that kid. 
The rest of the week was awesome. We did more online proselyting and then had our baptism on Saturday. Everything went so smooth. The elders came from Bata, they are our zone leaders. They taught Rian but she will be in our ward because she comes with her aunt. Both were really excited. We started on time and everything. Dont judge my pictures tho, It was a brown out and I feel like I looked really ugly, I was so happy on the inside but the outside was kind of a killer haha (Yes I still am a girl-kind of superficial.) We had a good attendance at church on Sunday for recent converts. We are kind of stuck at 50%. We are trying to find ways to get them all there. Take a lot of work. But really things are going good. Sometimes I really do find things that I love. Language is Language. Sometimes I can speak and sometimes I really struggle. But It will come. I just have to be patient.. I love you all! Be good and be safe! MMUUAH!
Love Sister S Polatis
Bro. Dequina with daughter Roalie


Mesa fAMILY


Baptism of Klay Klay


No comments:

Post a Comment