Monday, August 26, 2013

Buna! Ce mai faceti?
Well this week has been great! I can never really split it into days because I am now at the point where my days all blur together so I will just number some of the main highlights of my week! I love being a missionary! 
1- We skyped with Ritta and Petre!!! Can I just tell you that it is the coolest thing ever to do skype lessons! we had 3 last week! I never realized I had the capacity to love people so fast the way I do now. I can honestly say I love Ritta and Petre. We had a skype lesson with them last night all on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. They are so cute!!! I could not stop laughing with excitement as we were all getting ready to start! they are so cute... getting their scriptures all in order with their marking pencils! We are now going to only have one skype lesson per week because she wants time to really study the material we give her! I have picture of us skyping it is so much fun!!! 
2- I spoke in Church Yesterday! wahoo!! It was crazy there was only like 15ish people there because most of the branch is still on their week long temple trip... but it was really cool! I spoke on "how we can apply the atonement in our lives." It was actually pretty long and I translated some of my personal stories so that I could tell them! I wasn't even really nervous until right when I was about to go up... but it was so cool- midway through my talk I found myself in awe... seriously I am speaking Romanian... telling stories... and was even able to throw out some good expressions! It was just how I would give a talk in english but in Romanian.. it felt really really good! I told the story of when I hit Maddy in the face right after she had her stitches out... I was just so thankful that mom and dad... you guys forgave me instantly... I felt so bad... I remember thinking you would hate me forever. But you were very understanding... if I remember right you called me from the hospital telling me everything would be ok. I compared you guys to how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ our very milosi with us just as you guys were to me! 
3- I had exchanges with Sora Kelly this week! It was so much fun! Reunited!! :) We want to serve with each other again so bad! but we had a lesson with our investigator and it WAS SO COOL! seriously these are the reasons I am on this mission. This is the investigator with the boyfriend and last lesson we challenged her to pray specifically about everything we had taught her.. She said. "I felt like Joseph Smith.. I went to a lot of different churches trying to find the truth. When I first met you girls I was very unhappy and didn't know what to do.. You guys teach me and help me. I have never been happier... I prayed about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and everything...(She then paused)... THIS IS IT! This is the truth. I have found it and I want to know more." I was almost in tears. It was so cool! after she hugged and kissed me on the cheeks and then hugged me again.. She looked at me and said. "you have changed my life." I was so happy!!! - After Sora Kelly and I did our studies on the beach and then she did all of her Sister Training Leader stuff with me. It was really fun! 
4- Another note about church on Sunday... (ps I love church in Romania... so much more entertaining than in the states) So one of our less actives sisters is speaking with me. She gets up and she is talking about her car accident she had had a few years back... Well she then was talking about how God blessed her and she said "Acuma... Eu merg... Eu dansez!!" Which means "now I can go and dance!" But when she said this it was accompanied by her dancing in front of the whole congregation with her hands twirling in the air!! ha I could not stop laughing... man... so funny! 
5- A girl in our branch opened her mission call! It was fun- crazy because for her to open her call it was all the missionaries and then she had one friend. It is crazy the role that missionaries play here in Romania! Well she is going to the Toronto Canada mission! She was freaking out and screaming and crying! and some Beesely lady and her husband from Rigby are the mission presidents! She was super excited! 
6- We have a new investigator this week! She is 14 years old and she is so cute! We are teaching her half english and half lessons! She is so nice! She seems very open and excited to read the Book of Mormon! 

Well we will also be finding out about transfers this week. I have no idea what is going to happen. I just have to trust that God will do with me what is best for myself and the mission. I remember feeling a little disappointed that I was coming back to Constanta in June.. I had found out by secret inside office sources that I was going to Moldova.. So I was all prepared for that and then... Constanta? at the time I thought it was strange... Now I can see that I was put back in this area because God truly does love me. The experiences I have been able to have over these past two transfers have been amazing highlights of my mission. I just need to remind myself that whatever happens is supposed to happen! I am excited to find out! Friday Morning is when I will find out!! :) Wish me luck! I love you all! Have a great great week!! Study your scriptures... :) They are true.. I also finished Pearl of Great Price this week! So cool! I also love Joseph Smith History! Keep the faith- keep me updated! I love you all so so much!!! mwwwaauuuhh! va iubesc!
cu mare mare mare drag!
Sora Abby Polatis 

 
Together again--just for 1 day--can't wait to serve with her again!

studying for my talk I had to give at church!!!

Typical mailboxes for 1 entrance into an apartment complex

Skyping my future baptism

a member going on a mission to Canada!!!  So exciting

I LOVE SKYPE-----So fun to teach this way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment