Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sorry I am late, We had apartment checks this morning and they kind of took a long time!! Maybe that means we are dirty haha jokes, I am not dirty here!! Mom, 

Wow, I cant believe it is already going to be winter! That is nuts! Here it gets a little bit colder at night but sometimes I forget that is is October there. How was general conference? I am so so excited for it! We get it re-broadcasted here so I wont see it until this weekend. But excited none-the-less. TATE and ABBY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY you 2 nuckleheads!! I cant believe how fast time has flown!!! Enjoy your day and make it awesome!! I love you both!! Miss you!!! Mom and Dad, travel safe!!! Good luck in the Sr. games!!! Take the gold!!! 

Anyways, it was a different week for me! Had some feelings I never have had before, but that is mission life. Constantly changing and sometimes letting you know that you arent in control as much as we like to think we are, we arent. But it was still good! 

So on Tuesday, we found out that the less-active lady who had the tumor passed away. It was super sad but seriously I know she is in a way better place. And we are teaching her daughter who isnt a member, anyways as we are bearing testimony of the Plan of Salvation the daughter interrupted us and said that some of the last words here mom mumbled to her were "magsimba kamo" so she started crying and told us that once the funeral service and all that was over she would come and try out church. We were all in tears. The spirit was so strong. I loved it!! I hope that it means that it will help this family become stronger! They need the church and seriously the church needs them. So super sad but the Plan of Salvation is real! It seems a little bit scary but it is going to be alright! YES, dad, I still get a little irritated when people talk about the 2nd coming, because NO ONE KNOWS!!!!! Ha but hopefully being here it will ease my irritation a little bit! HAHA. The rest of the week flew by. We had our zone training. It is all about the atonement still. Because mission tour is coming up next week and Russel M Nelson is coming and then on Nov 2 Elder Neil L Anderson is coming for Mission Conference. So President is stressing repentance like crazy. He just wants us to be ready and able to be receptive of the messages they share. Thursday: We had a FHE with the Magbanwa family! They both are Recent Converts but are having WofW problems. But it was awesome. We played games and shared and Sister Bore her testimony of the church. She said that she has gone a week without and can tell the blessings. She also committed to come to church and SHE CAME!!! She enjoyed it to!!! I love the little blessings!! All the recent converts here are slowing starting to open up to what they need. It is so awesome to hear the desire that they have and even tho they are a little bit shy they still continue and slowly I know that they will be just fine. Saturday, All the foreigner missionaries had to go to Bacolod to get fingerprinted in order to be able to leave here after the mission. Ha lets get real here, I like it, but not enough to live here forever, HAHA  It was crazy, I feel like i have never heard so much English in my whole life. Kind of a blessing?? It was fun to see everyone. We rushed back and had the Baptism of Brother Rhance. He is 26 and his testimony that he bore was like he was a member. A lot of the members were joking with him saying that he will be getting a calling and he isn't nervous at all, he said he would do whatever! HA the branch needs him!! Kind of exciting!! It gets better, for language, it is weird speaking it all the time but actually I feel like I am slowly getting better. So little by little hopefully I got this! I love this work. This week I have been doing a lot of studying about missionary work. All the missionaries from the Book of Mormon strong strong strong! It is awesome! But all is well! Keep up the good work! I miss you all! But time is going way way way to fast!! Be good and be safe!!! MWAH!!!!!
Palangga ako kamo tanan!
Sister Sarah Polatis 

My baptism Bro. Rhance

New famiy

Lil ole rash


No comments:

Post a Comment