Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dragii Mei!! 
So great to hear from everyone! I loved getting the late birthday emails this week:) It just keeps the celebration going for the whole month! I love it! :)
Mon:
 My birthday... Still I can't believe that I am 22 ha but I forgot to write about how when we were at our restaurant one of the Elders of the group told the waiter it was my birthday and the waiter said. "great.. she gets a free glass of champagne." The Elder then explained that we don't drink... the waiter then looked at him weirdly and shrugged and said "I guess she doesn't get anything then." hahaha I love Romania! 
Tues: 
Funny story: Maybe I am just not used to random people being really nice and friendly but it was so fun.. we were at our little magazine buying some food and I accidentally stepped on this guys toe (he looked about my age) well he grabs his foot and starts shouting in pain... I turn around and say.. I am so so so sorry.. excuse me excuse me ..." He then stopped and looks at me and starts busting up laughing! ha I don't know why but that made my day! 
- I also became a godmother again today to three girls! I love nasing. We went and picked them up at the mission home to settle them in for the first night in the country! It was super fun! We walked in and then Sora Hill came up to me and said "we are so sorry we didnt call you yesterday! we kept thinking about it but it was so crazy!" ha Then her and President Hill and everyone at the house broke into "Happy Birthday" again! I loved it! We then took the girls home and it is so much fun! I feel so old in the mission! I am now in the top 5 oldest sisters in the mission as far as mission age goes! 
Wed: 
Transfer day!!!! Always a big celebration/ family reunion on transfer day! I don't think people would understand unless you went to this mission. The train station is full of luggage of missionaries... basically the all the missionaries in the mission are brought to the central location and then hop back on our trains to our cities! I was still involved in transfers because when you are in buc... everyone needs a place to stay and shower! ha The sisters from Arad came to our house in the morning we then all went out to lunch with a bunch of missionaries to IKEA. I had never been  there before but it was really good! After that Sora Rivera was not feeling well enough to ride her 8 hour train ride so then her and Sora Kelly came and stayed with us for the night! 
Thurs: 
BEST STORY! So we had our mission leadership council meeting at Presidents house.. well we live the furthest away so we thought that it would be faster to take a taxi. Well... that was for sure NOT the case. It was pouring rain. so the traffic was like in New York City! But we had a super nice taxi driver named andrew and he was 25ish years old. I love contacting taxi drivers because they can't go anywhere and you are their customer so they kind of have to talk to you! ha so we started talking about everything! We basically taught him the restoration and plan of salvation and gave him a book of mormon that he said he would read! It was so cool! After an hour we were only about half way to our destination so we then had him take us to the nearest metrou stop and drop us off. It is crazy... I might now know what ever happens to Andrew but it was so cool! He was super prepared! We then had leadership training which was super great I love the Hills! We had to give a presentation and we had good food.. it was really fun! 
Fri:
So great.. I love Romanians...I love Romania. So we visited one of our members and we had a lesson prepared for her.. We were about to start and she said "No no I don't want that .. I want you to teach me and talk with me about visiting teaching" ha it was just super funny because we then just dropped what we had brought and talked all about visiting teaching she then used what we talked about in her lesson the next day at church! 
Sat: 
We visited a less active member in the park and she is an artist! She draws peoples faces. So as we were talking to her she drew us! And she didnt charge us anything! And she came to church the next day so it was a win win! 
Sun: 
All the drama in relief society! hahaha They are trying to plan a pot luck dinner for this weeks fall dinner. Everyone was yelling and agruing where to buy the best romanian apples or what is the best dessert.. ha etc etc.. so funny! (When I say yelling I am not exaggerating!) 
-Went to Sora Gorzos... normal.. ha well she then was all upset because she found out that we went to care cu bere for my birthday and I didnt invite her.. She called me that day and I told her that is where we are going and she had said that she had treaba to do so I just didnt bother inviting her. Eventually she said that it was ok.. and that she was kind of kidding! ha man.. rough.. I have to stay the favorite! 
-We also then helped another lady in the branch with her computer.She needed help with everything! no offense to grandma rounds at all but how I used to help grandma rounds was how I had to help this women but it was now in Romania! ha I said "get your piece of paper out to write down the steps!" ha She then gave us Chicken LIVER, :( (which we secretly stuffed in our bags when she left to the kitchen) haha I did eat the rest of whatever was on my plate.. the liver was just pushing it.. rough texture for me! haha but it was great!
Well that is my missionary life! I love it! I am going to Brasov this week! We are going there instead of Sibiu. I am super super excited!! We leave on Thursday and get back Saturday morning! We are going to be doing our exchanges a lot more condensed this transfer because they want the exchange reports earlier and we also got another city added to our list! So it will be busy and fun! I can hardly wait!!! :) Have a great week this week! I wish I could be there! I really do! I had a dream the other day that I went home early.. o man it was not good.. mom you said "what are we going to do with you for 6 months... we need to get you back to romania!" ha I was freaking out! What a relief it was to wake up in my little bed in Romania! :) I love you all! have a great week! The book of mormon is true! I am reading a blank copy.. I am obsessed with it! So so good! Keep the faith! enjoy the cheesecake!! 
va iubesc! 
Sora Abby Polatis 
Sora Cook and her mom that picked her up

district B-day party

street contacting

birthday package

birthday party dinner



birthday cheesecake


No comments:

Post a Comment