Monday, October 7, 2013


Hello my dearest family!!
 
           Sheesh its snowing eh? We had some cold weather yesterday too. We were riding our bikes back from the church and I goose bumps all over! Going to have to break out some sweaters! Conference was awesome though!! I was on exchanges with another visa waiter to go teach a Portuguese lesson, so the next day I went with him and his companionship to a members house and watched it. It was so relaxing haha. The members laid out all kinds of snacks for us and they had this back massaging chair, annnnddd I was listening to the word of God, so I was literally in Heaven:) The talks were extremely powerful though weren't they. The apostles were just throwing down on enduring to the end and how Gods Laws are not going to change with the laws of man always changing. Now whoever thinks that the church needs to change things up will hopefully quiet down a little.
       Well no visa! We actually just got our calls this morning and we found out that we are all staying:) I'm really glad that I'm staying so I can see this family get baptized. A couple of Elders did get their visas, one of them was a roommate with me in the MTC and he served with me over in West Des Moines, so he came over and said bye. Ha it was so precious. He'll do great down there though. He was so nervous about his language though, he said that he had forgotten so much. I'm actually feeling pretty decent about it right now. I haven't got in contact with the Portuguese couple lately but we're going to keep trying. We did find a new investigator which was one of the friends of an 18 year old we have been teaching. He also referred us to his family so we are going to stop by sometime this week and see if they are prepared.
       . The new Elder we have is kind of having a bit of a hard time but we're going to help him through it. You really do just have to endure sometimes and know that it is a growing period. Hahaha that's funny that dad is going to California, maybe he will stop by the consulate ha. One member did look it up for me and told me that it had been received and that was it ha, so yea I'm not sure it will do too much good. 
       Well we have some exciting things for the week so we are going to make sure that they go through. Ha the lady that is getting baptized this week doesn't want anybody to really be there... haha I can't imagine why she doesn't want some support there. Everybody wants to come so we'll see how this one works out. The daughter wants me to baptized her so looks like I'll get another shot at performing the ordinance:) I talked to my recent convert Joe a little bit, he sounds like he is doing alright. I miss that guy. He was awesome!! So for this week I think we are going to try and see some members and really commit them to Elder Oaks challenge also:) Its going to put a lot of people out of their comfort zones but there is a lot of low-hanging fruit out there just waiting to be picked. I love you so much, and really missed you all during conference!! I'm so glad that we always made sure to watch every session and emphasized on how important it is because now I realize how important it is. I'll be praying for the Uncles and for you!! Love you Fam!! Love Elder Polatis
       


No comments:

Post a Comment