Monday, October 14, 2013

So uplifted and edified!! We were able to watch General Conference and it was really quite amazing!! I hope that you all took something from it as far as helping the missionaries out! We really do need the ward members. So bold and that is how we all need to be. Bold but loving! This is the best message we have to share so we got it!!!

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ABBY and TATE!!! I cant remember if I wrote that last week! But I love you both!! Be good and be safe!!! I think about you all the time and pray for both of you to just rock it out there!!! Thanks for all the pictures and the letters I felt like I was right there back in STG watching the whole thing!!! Mads good luck with Volleyball! Keep a positive mind and you will be just fine! Tell Skip and Karol Blair thanks for the email! That was really nice of them!

So we started off our week last Monday with a little P-day basketball! It was weird I was like the best one and I am not used to that, and I am horrible so it was a little confidence booster haha But this week was normal as far as teaching goes. Yesterday after the first session of General Conference we had a little boy come up to us, he was asking about who the speakers were and we were so confused thinking "You should know, that was the prophet" But of course we were so nice to him just explaining. Then he goes "Can I be baptized into this church?? HA he is 12 he isnt a member he told us he just woke up and realized that it was Sunday and he needed to go to church. His dad is a member but Less active, so we will go him as well! So really our little investigator found us!! He is so smart with gospel stuff so we are excited to get him on the right track! this area has been a little bit harder for me. The church is so far away from one of our areas, so the people have a hard time finding money to ride. Really I would say walk but it is crazy far!! But he lives close so we are hoping to find more people near his home!! We are praying
So funny story:  We are getting an additional set of sisters in our area this next transfer so we got a phone call saying to go out and look for a new apartment. The subdivision that we live in is really pretty nice so we looked for places there. One of our members called us and told us she had a house in our subdivision that she wasnt using would rent it out. We were so excited, thinking YES that was so easy, it is going to be nice. HAHA NOPE we were completely wrong! We get to the house and we thought it was a joke! No running water, just dirt floors, a bumba out back to pump the water. And a little tent thing that was the bathroom! HA we both laughed Sister Batalero turns to me and Goes "Welcome to the wood shop" HAHA we were like "Sister Thanks so much for the suggestion we will let them know" But the whole time we were just dying of laughter, the Branch President was like um this is a BIG no!! I think we laughed all day about it. I dont know maybe you had to be there!! 
We have been trying to implement what President Lopez has suggested, So we went on member exchanges. She took one sister I took another and really it was weird being away from my companion! But we got a lot of lessons taught and the members we had with us related to the people in ways that we probably couldnt. They shared really good testimonies and really just told the people, look we need you to come back!! So hopefully it works out for the best!! I was nervous for my companion because I felt like maybe in between appointments I wouldnt have anything to say to her but really the gift of tongues kicked in!! Salamat Salamat gd!!! Blessings!!
We have a great week ahead of us. We have our mission tour coming up on Wednesday so pretty excited about that! We are constantly trying to find people to teach!! Kisa it is hard, pero ok lang na!!! Kasarang na!!! Sige! I love you all!! Padayon huh!!! Love you all! I am glad to hear that you had a great week! We will keep on keeping on!! The gospel is True!! This week has been a week of me knowing that the spirit is with is always!!! We just need to trust and pray specifically for it!!! Keep doing the little things!!! Palangga ko kamo tanan!!
Love Sister S. Polatis

first time drinking from a coconut

ready for conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment