Monday, October 28, 2013

Hola familia!!!
        Well it's Halloween this week:) Do other countries celebrate Halloween? I'm not sure. But I guess that we have to be in by 6 both Wednesday and Thursday night so that is kind of a bummer. We'll probably go with some members and have a cook out or something though so that should be fun. We also had stake conference. That is sweet that Elder Gay came. If I would've known I would've told him to say hi for me to you guys. But we actually had quite a few investigators at church which was pretty surprising because we weren't really expecting anyone to come to stake conference. But Khajidsuren (Mongolian lady) came and looked like she enjoyed it, and then the Fomba family came which was the less-active mom and her kids that we taught last week. So there was 3 out of that family that we are working with also. Us missionaries and some of the young men and women got up there and sung "We'll bring the world his Truth" That was pretty fun. The dress code for missionaries has also changed so now we can wear sweaters and stuff without the suit jacket. Ha and the tan pants that you sent me with are now acceptable:) Everyone always asks me if I just got them once that rule came out but I've always had them.
           We had interviews with President this week and he told me how impressed he was with our area. He basically told me that if I don't get my visa then i'm staying there again. He also had a son that had to wait for a visa so he knows what its like. He said a prayer for it also so that was nice of him. Back to stake conference, it was all on member/missionary work. Our bishop has told us that we need to start getting into a members home once a day and set up their family missionary plan. So that is what we have been doing this past week. People are really excited about it. There is the Halloween party that the church is putting on this Saturday so everyone is inviting their friends to that which should have a pretty good turn out. We are also still doing our church tour thing every Monday night so that members can invite people to come to that with them. Our one last week didn't turn out good because nobody came haha, yea kind of stunk. But we planned better this week so we should have some people come. The Dillon Family is doing good. We went over last night and re-committed the dad to read and pray about the book of Mormon. he said that he would. He'll be baptized. It's just a matter of when.
              Things are going good though. We are going to have to really work hard to get our mission goal. October has been a little slow. Its so great to be out here though at this time. I love the feeling of being a part of this great work and being able to help members receive the blessings of missionary work. This really is Christ's Church!!! I love it! Have a fantastic week. LOVE you all!! Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment