Monday, October 14, 2013

Dragilor!!!

Buna Ziua! Thank you so much to everyone for all of the birthday wishes! Emails galore:) phone calls!!  I can't believe that I am 22 years old! I will just start off with today because it has been a great day! Sora Lund and I went shopping and then we had  a big birthday bash at a restaurant called Care cu Bere... it is delicious and it has cheesecake so it was the perfect place for me to go! I loved it! I just had my district leader invite everyone and he did a really good job because.. EVERYONE came! ha We had 30 missionaries there! It was so much fun! basically this whole week has been my birthday I was probably sung to 4 times during the course of the week! 

This week was super fun! I have kind of been sick with a cold this week so it was a little slower but I am feeling a little bit better today so it is all good! Here are a few highlights from the week. Maybe since this letter is shorter I won't get all the complaints from the brothers... hahaha I love you all! 
-Transfer news: I am staying with Sora Lund in Mihai Bravu! Sister Training Leaders again! We are more than excited! I think we will be traveling to all of our same cities again! So round two for all of our big adventures!!! :) It will be great! The sisters we work with are so so cool! I love them all! 
-We have a new investigator this week! Her name is Raluca! She is my age and She is so cool! We had a great lesson with her! She is super open... and she likes meeting with us! She even gave me a necklace and earrings for my birthday and sent me a text message wishing me a great day! She is so great! We are super excited to work with her! 
- We had exchanges this week! Sora Tobler came from Sibiu and we hit the streets of Romania! It was a lot of fun! We contacted a lot during the day and at night we did some more contacting in the park! We talked to a few nice people so it was really fun! We tried some new approaches and asking better questions so it was really fun! 
-Thursday for district meeting we had our "Last Supper!" ha we knew that transfer boards were coming and that some of us were leaving so we all brought food and had a meal! It also ended up being a birthday meal for me! Elder Knapp made me cinnamon rolls, other elders made me lasagna, and homemade banana bread! it was super good! and then of course they sang to me! ha it was super fun! That district meeting we also went around and sang all of our favorite hymns and read the scriptures with them! it was so cool! it was fun because I can actually play all the songs! :) 
- We also tried street boarding a couple of times this week! it was really fun! We had a sign with free hot chocolate and free church tours and we had the church all ready for people to come! It was a super great idea... no one really came--- but we are always up for trying new ideas! So it was really fun!! 
- Waiting for transfer boards is always super rough! And they were supposed to be out on Friday but then they came out on Saturday but our mission is so funny! Our District Leader always knows everything that is going on in the mission. If someone is called by President before the board is released he knows about it. So it was really fun being "in" on everything that was happening ha it is a funnier situation in person. But honestly Bucuresti is the central of all knowledge of all the missionaries it is super funny! 
I love you all so much! Today is also my 11 months on the mission! I can't believe it! I will be home in 7 months! that seems so unreal! But this mission is the best decision I have made! I can already see the blessings of it in my life! I loved general conference! I love studying the scriptures- they are so amazing! I feel like every page was written just for me! I hope you all feel the same way! Continue to study and keep the faith! You are all amazing! keep me updated! I love you so much!! 
cu mare mare drag! Sora Abby Polatis 

No comments:

Post a Comment