Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter week!

I was going to make a joke about me coming home or something for April fools but didn't know if you would think it was funny or not!  Well not to disappoint, but we didn't see anything cool for Holy Week. We thought that the crucifixition was in our area but it wasnt:( we were so sad but keeping the rules was mas importante! But we heard about it and the whole city was closed Friday and Saturday! So it was weird but walking down the road was nice, we felt like we weren't going to get hit! HAHA but we did "Restoration Sunday" Yesterday and it went really well. My fingers worked the best that they could and so did sister A's so it wasn't that bad! We did have to sing "Lead Kindly Light" as our part and Sister Arnold was singing the first verse and I was singing the Second then we would join in the third together and while I sang I said a word wrong and she started to laugh, then I started to Laugh so I hurried and finished and then we both just kept laughing and couldnt start, the whole congregation was laughing so we just smiled and sat down. HAHA we felt embarrassed but still super super funny! Well it was another great week! It was a good testimony builder and it really goes to show if you don't believe in the Restoration you really need to, to be a member of this church! It was a a big deal a revelation is what we are all about. Tuesday we had a dinner appointment with the 1st counselor in the Bishopric and his wife. They are such an awesome family! It was Sisters Birthday so we stopped by as last appointment, but she served a mission in Salt Lake and when we got there she had made TACOS!! Ha it was so nice, it was her birthday and she tried to accommodate us and made sure it was something we liked! They were super good and we met their friend who wasn't a member and got an appointment, so yummy food and it was a success!  We baptized Sister Hermania, Jenboi and MakMak! They are great! I always get a little teary when they go under because I am so happy for them! President Lopez came to the baptism. That was nice. But they were ready! I have made it 6 weeks and still a tad frustrated. I became a little scared to speak and I dont know how to get over that! I pray all the time. Sister Arnold told me I am better, tomorrow we will do an English fast just to see how much I actually know and then we will go from there! Yes we got some 18 and 19 year olds missionaries in our mission for the 1st time.. Some sisters Live next door to us and the new one is 19! So I bet it is now going to be a storm of them coming in, which is great! I need to build up my confidence and just keep telling myself that "I can do this. I have so much support and Jesus Christ, he has me and I need to just rely on him and let him work his magic through me." Yesterday Bro, Benny he is our ward clerk he was just trying to help me speak and told me the story of the little engine that could, he first scared me by saying that I will soon be training haha scary but said I need to just keep going and trying! So it helped and I forgot about that story so it was a good little memory refresher! Staying positive and happy has become pretty easy, well compared to what I was. I just look forward, really because that is the only way to look and just go! If I make a mistake I just try to laugh it off, last week while teaching I got my words mixed up and told our Investigator Nico that Jesus Christ gave birth to the apostles instead of Jesus Christ called apostles. HAHA whoops oh well it got a smile out of everyone and Sister Arnold let me know so it was nice! I will continue to practice! I have been studying out of the Book of Mormon, what a difference it makes in missionary life and how much better we had it then all of the people back then. People spitting on them and what not but they still knew it was true and they knew what they needed to do! So that is my take on it all, I can do this!!  I was called by a prophet and Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father know that we are weak and that is what makes us the best because when we learn to rely on them we gain our own testimony and it is a right one because all good things come from God. And sometimes we may not know why we are doing something but we will look back and realize that it was right! So It was another eye opening week for me and it is nice.  But I hope you all had a Fantastic Easter Sunday! I miss the Easter Egg hunts at grannys, all over the farm and what not! Tell everyone I say hi! Miss you all and love you like crazy! I always tell people that I have the best family in the whole entire world! I am getting quite the nasty tan lines, haha mostly on my arms and feet.  Until next week!  Halong family!!!!!




crossing water to get to an investigators house

baptism of Jenboni


 crossing to go back to dry ground

Mak Mak and friend helping us no to get wet!

Sister Arnold and me


Baptism of Jenboni and Mak Mak--They only had 1 baptism suit, so they had to share!!

Sister Hermania--ready for baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment