Monday, April 1, 2013

Still waiting for that VISA

Heyyy Everybody!! Man its really hard to read Sarah and Abby's letters and still have enough time to write. So yes mom I get them. And I'm pretty sure that I sent mine to everybody last week too.  But yea the laundry is going alright. But I have been noticing some black marks on my shirts that are right by my belt, so idk why or how the belt is marking up some of my shirts but I'll try to get them out. And It doesnt even matter because its tucked in anyway so no big deal. Nope!!!! I have heard nothing of my visa. I think that it is getting even worse. I've heard that the Brazil MTC is pretty empty these days, and last week on Sunday, We split our portuguese branch into 2 branches, and also the other portuguese branch split into 2. So now their are 4 Branches of Portuguese speaking missionaries. Its crazy. They do say that at least 2 from each branch will get their visa and none from mine have gotten theirs yet, so there is still hope!!!:) But yea that blizzard did cool down things a lot!! But now it is nice and warm again. Basketball here just got really good this week. There are some new missionaries that have some game so now I have some competition haha. I love gym, it lets me get away from studying for 8 hours a day. Yea I heard that someone really special is coming this Sunday, so I will have to make sure that I get in line!! Ha I see Austin Jacobs all the time though!! Its crazy how he gets to leave on Monday and I still have to be here for another 3 weeks. But oh well, its not that bad here. There are days when the food is just great and the lessons go great and everything is great. Ha but we had a lesson on Monday, and my companion talked the whole time!!! I was pretty mad at him after that, and he felt really bad. Ha I swear he said uhhhhhhhhh for like half the lesson. I'm a little better than him at portuguese because I took Spanish and he took German, so it just comes to me faster, but dang!!! I couldnt get a word in ha. But we fixed it for the next lesson and it went really smoothly. Ha there are sometimes when I feel like i've got this language, but then when I get in to teach the lesson, my mind kind of goes blank. They just say stuff a lot different than we do. But I'm going to try and some some pics. Thanks so much for all the packages!!!! That toiletry bag is like heaven. I can just take my razor toothbrush and gel into the bathroom all at the same time without having to go back to my room all the time. Dad thanks for the Easter package ha. Its great getting stuff like that. One of my roomates gets like 5 letters and a couple packages a day so its good to compete a little bit. He lives like 2 miles a way from the MTC though so its understandable.  But guess what??? I was sitting on the computer studying my language when I just get grabbed by the shoulders, I turn around and there is Kevin!!!! Ha it was so good to see that kid!! Especially since he missed my farewell. We talked for awhile. He seems like he really likes this job. He teaches on the floor above mine so i'm going to try and see him as much as I can.  But sheesh time really does fly in here!! Keep praying for my visa to come. If not, I'm sure the Lord just  needs a surplus of missionaries in the States for a little bit.  Well I think thats about all that has really gone on. But I'm guessing College basketball is going good??:( Miss that! And Targhee is probably closing soon so that will be over. Anyway all is well, I think I have pretty much everything I need. Love you all!! Love, Elder Polatis   


 my first Comp!!

love Temple day!

Last week in the blizzard


my District

Annaliese and me

Still Ballin-- a major part of my life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment