Monday, April 22, 2013

PAINT BALLING!! What a blast!

Familia mea!! este foarte bine septamana pentru noi!! imi place mihai bravu mai mult! (It was a great week for us... I like mIhai Bravu!) haha 

Congratulations to Tate!!! wahoo!! That will be so great for him.. he can really take this time to learn everything really well in English and then he will easily be able to switch it all into portuguese.. So exciting   Greg good job on all of your stuff!! I am so proud of you!! Good luck finding a job!   Jaron good luck selling!! Make some money and send it my way.. I will pick up a nice European suit here for you... this place looks like it is your style! 

I finished the Book of Mormon this morning!!! yahoo!!! I loved it.. honestly I feel like it was the first time in my life that I truly READ the Book of Mormon.. I always read with pencils and pen next to me and I tried to apply every page directly to my life.. so amazing!! Reading scriptures everyday is a very basic thing that we need to do everyday to keep up on the right path! I know that the Book of Mormon is true!

This week was so much better than last week!! first off paint balling last monday was so much fun!!!.  I am not that great at paintballing but it was fun.. we had suits and pads and everything so it worked out well.. we did this "dumb" fun thing kind of at the end call the "civil war" and so basically we get on teams and shoot at each other just standing there and you couldnt flinch.. well of course I had to be on the team.. so our team shoots and then they shoot.. if you got hit in the chest or the face you were out but if your arm got hit you just couldnt use it.. well.. I was the LAST one in on my team.. the other team still had 5 players.. so yes I just got shot at by all of them! it is a way cool video.. haha I got nailed in the face.. but I had a mask on.. ha it was fun!! 

Tuesday we had our service day and I loved it! I taught these two little girls how to do a basic ballroom dance (probably something lora hill taught me years ago) and we had to do it at least 20 times.. this girl is like 3.5 ft tall so bascially all of the spins and everything were hilarious when I had to do them back with her.. and then I taught Sora Kelly and another little girls and then we preformed for their mothers when they came to pick them up! haha I love it.. they love when we show up.. this little girl named Denisa.. is always like "Abby!!!" haha we have so much fun! and then we have this really nice senior humanitarian couple in our ward and they invited us over for dinner that night! they are from Preston Idaho .. the Francoms..  but it was the best meal I have since I have been in the country! home made raspberry jam.. i felt like I was right back at home and the dinner table! they love us and she is just with her husband all day everyday so I think she really loves Sora Kelly and I. She hooked us up with some nice pots and pans so she is a very good person to have around! 

Wednesday was such a great day! GREAT STORY! So basically remember that girl that I contacted in the mega image about 2 months ago.. well she is so so cool and wants to change the world.. but she has always been way to busy to meet.. we finally met with her on Wednesday and it was awesome! We sit down and the first thing that she says is "ok so how do I become just like you guys?" ha She was like "I want to be a missionary!" Sora Kelly and I just looked and each other and we were like well.. "You have to be baptized in our church .. be taught these lessons... etc etc" We then explained all about baptism and the need to be baptized (this lesson is in English by the way.. She went to Germany to school for like 4 year so her english is perfect she is 32 years old) And she was like perfect! sounds great!! She then asked how much the lessons cost?? ha we were like its free. she was very surprised! So we are meeting with her again on Wednesday! So wish us luck! We are way excited to meet with her.. she is so great.. she kept saying "it was no coincidence that we met that day in Mega Image! 

Friday we had zone conference all day long!!! It was so good though.. First off I had to play the piano for everyone!! ha seriously though I am improving so much on my skills.. I don't really get nervous anymore because I have to do it so much!! but President Hill is amazing! But it was just awesome because he talked about giving ourselves 100% to this mission.. it was so inspiring.. the Assistants gave a good presentation on what we have promised to do on our missions and then what the Lord promises to bless us with! The blessing are endless as long as I do my part! I mean everything is worth it on the mission if we are promised "greater happiness forever".   We then had the "dying" testimonies of the missionaries leaving at the end of this transfer and I cried through them all..  I have grown close to some of the people that are leaving and they are so cool! One elder reminds me so much of Tate and I couldnt not help but just cry! They just talked about how it was the greatest experience of their lives and every thing is worth it and yes.. it was so so cool! Sora Kelly and I came out of the meeting very determined to love everyday of the mission and give ourselves 100%! 

Saturday was a very fun day we had our English class and then we had permission to go out and eat as a district for Elder Cross birthday! We then got to participate in this promotion sort of thing for our humanitarian missionaries. We as a church donate thousands of wheelchairs to the people of Romania.. so we got to compete against one of Romania wheel chair basketball team.. It was so much fun.. at first I didnt know if I wanted to play.. but I told myself on this mission I am going to do everything I possibly can! so I put on my sweats and got into the game! Even PRESIDENT HILL got in a wheelchair and played! ha It was so fun! He is the coolest mission president every!! We then had our big evening  for family history in Romania and we passed out thousands and thousands of flyers and 12 people showed up!! ha not the turn out we were expecting but it was cool because one guy showed up and he has been trying to put together something like family search for years.. and I guess he has a big facebook group that follows him so maybe we did all that work for that one man?? who knows..  but it was good! Sunday was kind of our normal Sunday.. our investigators didnt show even though we saw Marianna the day before and she was 100% coming?? we again don't know what happened?? we might have to drop her after this week.. sadly... we just need to focus on others if she isn't going to keep her committments.. sad hard truth of missionary work! 

Other random story.. I had my first encounter with the Jehovah Witnesses! The first lady was this little old lady and she just started going off on us about something.. (the perks of not knowing the language yet..) we really didnt know what she was yelling.. I then just starting bearing my testimony and she said something back and then we left.. ha but then I think it was that same day we ran into another one on the bus.. she wanted to argue with us but then she noticed we didn't understand everything she was saying and she was like.. you guys don't know romanian? ha "why are you here?" ha she was like "do you at least know Spanish?" ha you could tell she was sad she didn't have a chance to argue with us... ha but it was good! We are just friendly! kill them with kindness right:) 

But everything is going great! I am really loving being a missionary! I mean this is a once in a life time opportunity!! so so cool! I am starting to love the people more as I am able to talk to them and I am figuring out who I am:) I am happy to be here! It is getting really nice outside too, so am loving that.. it is going to be getting super hot soon.. today is super nice.. the humidity kicks everything up:) I am excited for it! I love the seasons!! :) just like good old Idaho! I love you all! have a great great week!!! :) Be safe and healthy! I love you guys so much! thanks for everything!! good luck with all!! 
 
I love you all!! ve iubesc!! 
cu drag, Sora Abby Polatis




Trying to Say POLATIS

at the Children's Center

Paint balling in every country!!





Believe it!! I was the last woman standing--until they ganged up on me!!

Someone donated alot of wheelchairs

We got to help give them out and then had a BB game 

My cool mission President Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment