Monday, April 15, 2013

Conference was GREAT--we must REPENT!!!

Hey Everyone! First Off, mom I got my package!! Salamat gd!! I needed them all!! So feel free to send whatever you want! Just in an envelop and it doesnt need to be expensive. But everything was in there! It is nice eyeliner and all that stuff is kinda expensive, cant afford to buy that when I spend all my money on clothes hahaha jokes! (sort of) We budget really well we just use our extra when we find good deals which seems to be pretty often but that will stop this week!! We found 89 peso shirts ($2 in the states) so we got a couple and that way we wont feel bad if we wear them to death or if they get ruined.
 Well this week was pretty legit actually! Wednesday we had our Follow up training with President Lopez, we learned the importance of learning and that it doesn't necessarily happen during meeting but learning happens in-between meetings or in between appointments because that is where you can evaluate what you did good and what you did bad! So we talk more about what happened previously and how we can improve our teaching skills! It was fun to see all of my batch! One of the filipiono Well with the language, ha it gets better all the time I guess. I still am slow at following what people are saying. This girl was talking to me in English and I looked at Sister A like "oh my word what is she saying" Sister A just bust out laughing and was like "Sister, she is speaking English, you know English" so it is all about my confidence level and really how well I am paying attention! I cant just coast by expecting to know, I listen but do I really listen! That was my goal this week and to come out of a lesson feeling confident with the things that I have said in Ilonggo! It worked so I will padayon lang!!! So we visited a Sister from our ward who is in the hospital and it appeared to be the rehab floor well there was 4 PEOPLE IN A ROOM!!! It was kinda sad but I felt for a little bit like I was in my "hospital element" I almost wanted to throw on some scrubs and help out! Oh so weird but kinda cool, my new Zone Leader is Elder Wilstead, he is from STG. We were talking on Saturday while we were waiting for conference to start and I found out that I knew his dad! He works with the Parrys and Elder W knows Bruce! So it is just crazy how small the world really is! He is a cool kid tho! But this week we have been contacting referrals like crazy! The ward has been so great in helping us with this work! Love is definitely in the air! haha Our purpose in this ward must be to baptize everyone's boyfriends and girlfriends because that is what teaching appointments consist of! Glad to know they trust us with their close close ones!:)  Well we have been teaching this guy His name is Antony, anyways we taught him for a little while now and he wouldn’t commit to a baptism date, like we committed him then all the sudden he got really busy so we stopped going and just thought that maybe he wasn’t ready! Well his G/F who is a member came up to us at church on Sunday and was like “Antony is wondering why you aren’t coming back, he really does want to learn” so we made a plan to see him on Thursday but he ended up having to work which was frustrating to us, but Friday came around and we did our weekly planning and decided to commit him to a baptismal date of May 11, that gave him time to have a teach and hopefully he would say yes! Well we go to the house and he didn’t read so instead of teaching the law of chastity we went back to the basics and read like 6 verses from the Book of Mormon , starting from the beginning and explaining how he can apply them to himself, at the end of our reading he was like, yes I learned so much! But we wanted to know what was making him so nervous of being baptized, well we just came out and asked him and he was like “Sisters I want to know everything before I get baptized” Both of us just stopped and smiled (we LOVE that reason) and explained to him that even us as missionaries we don’t know everything about the gospel but it takes faith to push forward! So we recommitted him and Sister A could only thing of April 27 as the date so that is what we said, but he stopped and looked at the ground and was like “actually could I be baptized on May 11 it is my g/f birthday!!!! WHAT!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! The Lord really does work in mysterious ways! That is the date we planned for him during weekly planning! I really need to work on my being emotional! HA I got a tad teary eyed and was so happy! Everything happens for a reason and had we been able to teach on Thursday he probably would have told us “No” again! So blessings!! It really was the best feeling ever! That is what makes missionary work so great! But things really are going good. Sister Sarah was who we were going to baptize on Saturday after G.C but there was a mix up during her interview but she is the sweetest and she will be baptized on the 20th instead, which is good as well. She reads and prays and from what I can understand she really prays sincerely and knows who she is talking to! I loved General Conference! Holy Cow, do you think we all need to repent and follow the commandments or what?! I really bet they feel like we do, we tell people things all the time but no one listens it is crunch time! We really have to step up our game and become the best we can! Listening to them tell people to not pick and choose which commandment that they thought were important but to follow them all reminded me of the Nephites in the Libro ni Mormon,  how they knew what they had to and who to follow but still they were weary and becoming of the world! So that is my goal, being strict to obey the commandments of God, just like it says in the Libro ni Mormon! Well funny story of the week! But mom, you can take this out of the blog post. So Tuesday, we go out after District meeting and studies like normal 2. So Sister Herminia who we just baptized a couple weeks ago, well usually we would teach her at 5 and brother would always be at work but the area we were going to focus on was way far from her and we didn’t want to go far and come back then go back to the far area again. Well it was 2 in the afternoon and we stopped by and one time before when we stopped by her music was super loud and we peeked in and she was asleep, well we tried that again and let’s just say that we won’t be peeking into anymore houses from now on! HAHA happy hour had begun and poor Sister A is going to be scarred for life! HAHAHA she like slapped my shoulder and was like “AH go go go,” I knew exactly what had happened and I was dying laughing so needless to say our next teaching will be at 5 p.m sharp!! HAHA whew, I am almost crying as I write it down for you!  Oh one more, well as part of my language learning I try to open my mouth to everyone as much as I can, well we see this lady walking and she is pretty dirty, and she is a little off her rocker, actually full on crazy!! Sister Arnold knew she was crazy but I didn’t!  But I was like (in ilonggo) “how are you sister? She responds oh I am fine so we were like “Diin ka makadto” Where are you going? She says oh just over here and in the calmest voice says, I am hungry and looking for food! What did you bring me!! HAHA sad but we apologized told her we didn’t have anything, but just how it all went down! People always think we are these rich Americans! But other than that, nothing that crazy! It really is fun and we just still make the best of everyday! It really is going fast! I cant believe that I am a few short months away from being out 5 months! Insane! Well everyone sounds great! I always love hearing from you guys! Keep on keeping on! “Where e’re thou art, act well thy part” that is my new motto! Being here is different but it is good! I will continue to do my best with everything and laugh at myself! It is do-able!! I think of you guys all the time! Greg,  Eh Eh, oh and Ps, I didn’t run out of toilet paper but we did have to stop at one house and I had to use a Napkin that I stashed away in my purse for emergencies hahahah!  Mom and Dad! You are the best!!! MMUUAAHH! Miss you be good and be safe! Until next week!
Love Sister Sarah Polatis!!

At the internet lab BEFORE it all shut off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment