Monday, April 22, 2013

Two major rainstorms this week!! Drenched!


Oh my word, what a BOMB week!! Haha seriously we are awesome but kind of dumb at the same time! Well after we left the internet cafe last week we were feeling a little bit down, Grabi, us feeling down well we went to a FHE at the Desaldes home! Oh my fun, they really are funny and Sister always makes us such good food and TANG! Hahaha so we were feeling better. 

Next comes Tuesday, and DONT judge me haha well we went to district meeting and couldn't kick our sad-like attitudes and we decided that it was because we were feeling UGLY! ya we understand that we are daughters of our heavenly father kag missionaries pero we are still girls and American kind of high maintenance so what did we decide to do, even after Abby's experience, YEP we did it, We DYED our hair! It is dark brown, Pops probably a little darker than you prefer but it will lighten and we now feel like we are on FIRE! Nothing can stop us now haha jokes, I must be in a super funny mood because I am like dying as I write this! Well we went out and we Taught Sister Mary Grace. She is the mom of MakMak, the 16 year old boy that we just baptized. She has been taught before and always seems really excited to see us. We have just been reading the Book of Mormon with her because she claims that she has been reading but we get the jist that she hasn't! Bummer:( Anyways funny story and I forget if I told you or not, But last week we are teaching her and we asked what she has read, well sometimes the people dont want to disappoint us and tell us they didnt so they pick a place and hurry and skim so that they can answer our question. Well usually they pick like 1 Nephi or something but she ended up picking the beginning of the BofM and it was Joseph Smiths testimony of the Book of Mormon. Well neither of us had an Ilonggo BofM because we were just going to stop by real quick and the language is deep well instead of telling her we were sad she didnt read we encouraged her to continue with us there, well we were both lost, Sister A was like, "Sister Polatis she is here", but I felt like she was somewhere else and both of us are trying not to laugh and we are searching like mad to find a word we know and can help us pinpoint where she is at. Well we never really found where she was so at the end of her reading we just asked "And how does that make you feel?" Haha  we really felt super dumb but we had to laugh! Hopefully she couldn't tell! So anyways guess we better just help her to start in 1 nephi so we can follow! First dumb moment right there!

Wednesday: Here was a full day of our "spontaneous attitudes" HAHA Sometimes here it looks like it is going to rain, but doesnt. Pero sometimes it looks as tho is won't rain but then all the sudden it is like a typoon. But we HATE carrying our umbrellas if it isn't necessary! Well it was kind of debatable whether it would or not so Sister Arnold goes "how bout we just take isa lang (1) umbrella, think of the adventures that we will have, scrunching underneath one" Well me being the dumber one AGREED! Oh my heck, wrong answer! HAHA It was horrible. We Made it just far enough from our house and it was pouring like there was no tomorrow. I thought back to myself and was like Oh my word that was the dumbest decision of my life! But we laughed and stopped to buy another one but the second we went to pay it stopped and we were blessed! But we thought NEVER again would we do that! We stopped in, to all our teaching appointments and it is getting better! We are getting better at me doing more than bearing testimony! It is all about knowing what to say and just spitting it out!

Thursday! Today we had a really good companion study! We wanted to make sure that we had goals set for ourselves other than just converting people. Like making sure we were becoming the best that we could be. So we read over our Patriarchal blessings and picked out things that we felt needed improvement. Well as you already know it is my self confidence that is lacking and It said something about building my talents. Well sometimes the devil gets the best of me and I couldn't really think of some that I had, but I made a list of things I wanted for myself and I will continue to work on those and Improve. We both had a really emotional study but it was what we needed.  One of the girls that we are teaching Fatima. She is 16 and dating one of the members in our ward! She is so cute. We had to go to her house and meet her mom. The mom wants nothing to do with it but said that she saw a change in Fatima and said if it is what she wanted and would make her a better person that she could be baptized. So she will be baptized on April 27. Really it is good to see the change in people. I like it! I like that as a people we are all constantly changing and that is how we grow. Dad and Mom you always told me that if I was feeling like I was stuck it was because I probably was and now looking back I can see it. I really needed a change in my life to improve not only my relationship with others but with my Savior as well. It is actually really fun finding who "sarah polatis" really is. I have been studying in Alma about captain Moroni,  Only being 25 he was bomb. Took on his leadership like a champ. So that is my goal, being confident to do what the lord needs me to do and doing it now with my whole heart. 

Friday: One of our Members gave us a dried squid that he wants us to fry up and cook! We are a like nervous but hey, it is all about the experience. We want to try chicken feet one day. I cant continue eating American food and expect to come home with some good stories. HAHA no worries mom, we will make sure that it is safe! But they gave us a ride on their little motorcycle cart thing to get us to a different appointment. It was quite fun. We stopped to see Sister Mary Grace again and she fed us "Boiled Bananas" Um...........Yum?? I guess! HAHA or they are supposed to be. Sister Arnold said that is what I will get fed alot or that is what she got in Escalante but to me they had the texture of a potatoe and no flavor really, but it was the thought that counts and I still am getting used to the different things! But you dip it in this sugar stuff, maybe it will grow on me. Who knows. We did cleaning with the missionaries, and once again it really was basically just the missionaries. HA we have maybe 2 that show up to help us but that is alright. We get it done either way!

Saturday: We had the baptism of Sister Sarah. She is one legit girl. Holy cow! I love her. She is 16, has no parents her grandpa is her guardian. She really has a strong testimony. She was the one who would do personal progress with her boyfriends sister before she was even baptized. So we got her her own PP books and hopefully she will continue on. But of course as something always has to go wrong or make it stressful. So the water here in the pines is a little brownish yellow so that is what they get dunked in. Anyways we had a "Brown Out" it is where the electricity just goes off and it is horrible but it really happens here like daily and depende sa day for how long it will last. But the water pressure was going so slow, so the baptism was scheduled for 6 but since the font wasnt full we all just hung out until the pressure kicked back up, it didnt start until 7:15 or so. We felt bad but there was really nothing we could do to help the process. But she was happy and bore such a good testimony  of this being the restored gospel.

Sunday: So today, we get to church and we are always so excited because that is 3 hours of AIRCON and that is like the best ever. Well to our Disappointment......"BROWN OUT" we were so bummed. It was so stinking hot. But we did our best to stay alert and focus on what was going on while using our pamphlets to fan us....they do come in handy hahaha well we had a good turnout for gospel principles and it was about the law of chastity, and to some that can be a little bit awkward, well sister Arnold sat with sister Sarah, who was just baptized and I sat with Sister Fatima who will be baptized next week and the whole time during the lesson she a little embarrassed at things that were being said and she was laughing and that made me laugh and as missionaries we are supposed to always set the best example but I totally had the giggles just from her, and It was funny, but she cracks me up. We proceeded to sacrament meeting we greeted as usual and about 3 minutes before it started the 1st coun. comes to us and says sisters come sit on the stand, we have no speakers and we need you. Um my stomach totally dropped, I hate spontaneous talking, so I pulled it together with bits and pieces from my farewell talk. Holy Stressful but it was about true conversion. Hopefully is made sense. Jenboi our recent convert was giving me language tips after church he really is super nice and he says that I will get it. So I will keep my head up and padayon on.

 But all is well. Still just keeping on going. It really is fun and we are teaching we just need to continue to find more referrals and continue our streak of baptism and helping people come unto Christ.,  I love and miss you all. A little to much sometimes. I really do have the best family in the whole entire world. Continue on and be safe. MIss you!!!! MMUUAAHH I cant believe that it is going this fast, transfers are in 2 weeks and we are praying for one more but really have no idea, hopefully it continues to be great. We will miss each other if we do get moved but that is life, we need to grow!!! Until next week! Love you
Sister Sarah Polatis!




Preaching to the boats in the ocean

Our friend Mak Mak

This sign says,"Don't Pee here"

My friends


2 major rainstorms this week!


This is their "drinking fountains"--we are not allowed to drink the brown water!

Baptism of Sister Sarah

We have to wear these signs to keep everyone off---ha

First ride in a Jeepney

Mak Mak giving me some pointers on the language before Church

No comments:

Post a Comment