Monday, April 15, 2013

One more week, then off to somewhere!!


Hey Family!!!!!!
Ha well mom... hearing about that story just makes me that much more certain that I am not homesick haha.  The weather is so nice here!! I definitely dont miss the wind. I might have to live somewhere where there is no wind because I just love it and it makes me want to go out on the lake. Its good to hear dad is getting the field planted. Dad I know that is your favorite because you'd always ask me to do it, but before I knew it, you'd be out there with it almost all done.  Plus I usually do push ups every night now that my shoulder is nice and tough, so I'll try to stay in shape. Basketball is actually really fun here. I've met some way cool Elders that play and we just have a good time. I still just shoot all the time because I know getting hurt would be devasting so no worries. But as for the visa thing... There was 1 sister and 1 Elder that got theirs this week and they are two weeks behind us!!!! Made me pretty upset ha. The reason is because I think they went through the San Francisco constalent so its a lot quicker. Nobody in my big district has gotten ours so I think we are all planning on just getting re-assigned this next week. Its kind of exciting. Almost like a whole new mission call. I really hope that its somewhere east haha where there are some people that speak portuguese. I think that they will let us call you from the front desk when we get our new assignment so be ready for that. And yes you did give me a number to call. So if I call that number then I'll be good.  So conference was great right?? First time I have ever taken notes haha. Man I wish some one would've told me to take notes before. It is so great to right down key points that apply to yourself and be able to look back and work on the things that you wrote down. Also the devotional this tuesday talked about receiving revelation. It wasnt a very spiritual talk, but the message was awesome. I always wondered why there weren't like a lot of big visions happening and its because it would kind of take away our agency if we had such an experience as that. So that was cool. I got to host this wednesday!! Ha it brought back some crappy memories haha. I could just see me and Jaron tearing up as I looked out and saw all the new missionaries crying. I liked it though. I actually hosted this kid from Pocatello that I played ball against at the scout olympics at BYU-Idaho. Haha its crazy how stuff like that happens. He got out all excited so it was cool to be able to calm his nerves down that way. I'm hosting again next week, so I hope that I see Richard!! That would be way cool to show him the ways of the good old MTC. Also I have seen Hailey Brown here. I dont Know if I already told you that but she seems like she is doing way good.  But sheesh tell Aunt Sandy thanks!!!!! Well I actually I will too because she emailed me the other week.   The language is making more sense everyday. I bought this flash card thing so I could extend my vocabulary and learn some new verbs, and it seems to have helped. This one teacher came in yesterday and me and him had a pretty good talk about the book of Mormon in Portuguese. Ha talking about the doctrine is not too bad, but I still dont think that I could keep up with the real Brazilados. We met some at the Temple last Sunday and that just got me way excited to get there. These people were so great. Just telling us all the great things about Brazil and how the best people are there haha. It was really cool.   Auzzie said he had his papers in so that was good to hear. Carson and all the guys out in the field are enjoying the work. Skyler and Jordan seem to be happy, and why wouldnt they be? They are in the same room. But I miss you all a ton!!  Has the hype dropped since the boys took state again or is everybody still excited and thinking that this was the best state championship ever? Ha I still think our year was more legit:) Anyways, I cant wait to see what happens next.  Love you Family!! Thanks for everything you have done for me. I dont know where I'd be without this gospel in my life. Take care. Talk to ya next week Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment