Monday, April 29, 2013

Iowa is the Bomb


Oi minha mai, e minha familia,
    Haha there is alot of things here in this mission that are cool to find out and really amazing. Ha to start, I met sister Broome. She is a way cool girl. She actually just barely told me that Brenan is getting married and she told me to tell Abby hi. yes I met Sister Hill. Ha she came up to me and was like to you know Austin???? I was like of course I know that little guy, We were best buds back in High school.  But I got put into a tri-companionship. I with Elder Lewis and Elder Wright. They are way fun guys and love to go tracting, so we've been doing a lot of that recently. I love teaching to people that really want to know the truth, its great. We are in the West Des Moines area, and there are a ton of apartment complexed with a lot of african families. Its almost like being on a foreign mission ha. Studying the language is pretty tough by myself buy I make one of my companions help me so it works out.
   We we're knocking doors the other day, and we got to this apartment with a Spanish family in it. The mom said that she could not understand or speak English very well sooo... I started speaking Portuguese to her:) I was pretty proud of myself, but she still didnt really get the point so i guess I need to start learning some Spanish too. Its so nice to be out of the MTC though, a lot of my friends were telling me how I was going to miss the MTC, but I love being out of there. It was so nice to go to church yesterday and then have a good lunch with a member!! Oh and the ward we are in is big on Missionary work. The bishop is Great!. He announced that we are going to fast for the missionaries, and he said that each family should strive to give out one book of Mormon. I though that was way cool.
      Its starting to warm up here a bit. I cant wait until it hits 70 because thats when we can start going without our suit coats. It stinks having to wear it all the time, and it gets way hot having to walk every where. We share a car with the East Des Moines Elders so we'll get the car this week thank goodness. I love my shoes though. They are getting me around great. The good news also is that everyone here has told me that usually the visa waiters are here for only a month and then take off, so that was really exciting to me. Aww I feel like I have so much more to tell you but i'm short on time.. I'll try and write you a letter one of these days and we'll see how long it takes to get to you. I love you family!! . Thanks for everything Mom and Dad. I love having this gospel in my life and being able to share it. Until next week, Love Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment