Monday, March 3, 2014

Hey Everyone!!!!!!:)
       Yea so I actually just got back from the doctor and they put me through this swallowing test which included drinking this nasty liquid stuff ha. It was really cool though because I got to watch it go all the way down my esophagus so that was cool:) He told me that he couldn't really see any problems though, so that I was pretty surprising. He just said that if it gets worse that they will do a CT Scan but other than that I should be alright. Which I know that I will be alright, I was just hoping that it was something that could be taking care of really quick because it does get pretty annoying having to always drink a bunch of water whenever I eat. But hey, I've been dealing with it since like middle school so I'll be alright:) I think they will call me tomorrow if they see anything else. Ha I feel like wimp having to go do that, but I just wanted to make sure that there really wasn't something in the way. 
        Well it has been a pretty decent week this week. Some more very cold temperatures, but we've pushed through it. It is supposed to warm up this weekend to like 50 though so that sounds really promising. The work here is a lot different than the work over in Iowa City. The branch is so small and missionary work isn't really a priority to them right now it seems like. There was a death in the branch though so it is understandable. We did have a really cool thing happen this week though. I'm not sure if I told you but there is a kid named Alex Larson that I met at a members home over in Iowa City. I saw him at there house a few times and he said that he was doing a fellowship in Pella. Ha so it was pretty cool when I found out that Pella was in our Branch boundaries. It was really cool to get to talk to him and stuff and he invited us over for dinner last week and I told him that he better get some of his buddies there for us to teach. He is really cool about missionary work and has only been off his mission for like 2 years so he still has a little of that spirit in him. So he just sent a text out to all of his work buddies telling them that he was feeding the missionaries from the church. A girl named Mandy showed and she was the only one but she was awesome!! Really laid back and open about a lot of things. I don't think she was really planning on getting taught, but when Alex asked us if we had a spiritual thought to share, we got out the Restoration Pamphlet:) She said that she was interested in learning and that she was trying to get her faith back because she kind of lost it when she got into science. She is probably our most solid investigator now though. She was basically telling us what she needed to do to learn and to understand truth which included her having to act!!She didn't end up coming to church but we have another lesson with her in a couple of days so we'll see if she has been able to figure out the restoration a little bit more on her own. The way we teach now is just showing them where they can find their own answers. It kind of separates the wheat from the tares because you can definitely find out who the honest seekers are. I guess we just need to put our trust in the Lord that he has prepared some good honest seekers out there. Oh and we also were asked a couple of weeks ago to go and teach this class at a Lutheran church. What an opportunity!!:) It was a lot of Questions and Answers but some of the adults looked pretty interested. It was a class of a bunch of 14 year olds so who knows if any of them gained interest, but the teachers of that class were asking some really good questions. So hopefully those seeds will be nourished and grow into some good faith. We left them a Book of Mormon and a bunch of pamphlets so we'll see.
        Hope you all have a great week!!! Love you!!!
Love Elder Polatis
        

No comments:

Post a Comment