Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Holaaaaaaa!!! How is everyone doing? Well today it has finally hit 60 degrees!!!! It feels so good outside. I think everyone is in a more happy mood now because it has been a very long time since it has been warm and everyone had spring fever. This morning we did some service at this place called helping hands which was just unloading and bagging up a bunch of food, and we found a new investigator! His name was James and he was just a really nice guy and said that his wife was sick. So I told him that we would like to come and meet her and talk about more what we do. So we went over to his little apartment and just talked about a few things and basically just set up an appointment, but we left a Book of Mormon and invited him to be baptized and he accepted so it has been a good P-day so far!  haha
       Happy Birthday Granny!!! I'm sorry but I haven't kept track of very many birthdays, so you'll just need to keep telling me about them.  I'm glad that is was a good funeral. I hope Grandpa Polatis can pull though well, I love that man. I'll really miss Grandma though, she was very loving and took care of me really well when I would stay over there so it is sad, but I know that she is feeling pretty well at this time now.
        Well it has been a pretty great week. We had 3 investigators at church!! I think I told you about Mandy a little bit last week, but she is awesome! We taught her twice this week and she has been keeping her commitments. We set a date with her for April 12th and she readily accepted it. I'm hoping to move it up before I leave because that would be awesome to see her get baptized and leave on a note like that. So we taught her the Word of Wisdom so we could maybe get her baptized in two weeks and it was really great lesson. She drinks and stuff like that, and just started crying as we were talking about all the blessings that come from living the Word of Wisdom. I have never gotten a response like that when teaching the Word of Wisdom so it was sweet. She was just saying how grateful she was that we told her about this and how she has the opportunity to come closer to Jesus Christ. She was also a little frustrated with not getting her answer right off the bat, so we told her that living this would help her out a lot. She is solid! She was pretty surprised at how small our building was ha, she said we were very humble and she didn't expect us to worship in such a small building. You've gotta love Branches! She liked church though and met a lot of the members. We also had this lady Cindy there who has been investigating for like 12 years!!! Her teaching record is like a book. We got her to come to church though and we are hoping that she will accept a date and get off that edge. The other one that was there was this girl named Clarissa who is dating one of the members. She isn't too interested, but we are trying are best to help her to act and to build faith and gain that desire to know truth. We had a pretty neat experience this week too when I was on exchanges with Elder Hodges. We received a media referral and were on our way to contact it when we started talking to this guy named Rusty. He is a little on the slower side but we got into his apartment and taught him the restoration. I don't think he understood much, but he had a nurse there cleaning his house for him and she was listening in on the conversation. She said that her husband is a minister at some church and she wasn't sure if we could come over, so we gave her a restoration pamphlet with our number in it and told her to give us a call if she wanted us to come over. I think it was a good heart to plant the seed in. There are also quite a few RLDS people here too, or community of Christ. It is a little different to teach them because they already know that the Book of Mormon is true. So that has been a little interesting talking to some of those people.
     Elder Nichols also got his visa last week. So now we will be flying out together. I'm pretty excited about that. We served in the same zone in Iowa City so we know each other really well. He called me and told me about it and said that President told him that we were going to the MTC in Brazil for a couple of weeks. Ha I didn't know that. President never told me that, but I guess it makes sense to get polished up on the language. That means that I will get to watch general conference in the Brazil MTC as well as I did in the Provo MTC.  I'll let you know how the appointment goes. It should be really good. I love you all so much and am very grateful for the loads of support!! My companion doesn't have 1/8th of the support I have so it just makes me that much more grateful!! Have a great week!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment