Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!! Man, I feel like we just had our Birthdays!!! But really I want to shout out to the coolest dad in the whole world! One who has always had my back, willing to help with whatever I needed and of course was one of the people (mom as well) who helped me get here and become a better person! Just that is an accomplishment! But I love you so much and I hope that you have a great birthday and that you get what you want/need! Thanks for always being a huge support to me while being here!! Be good and be safe! What did you ask for?? People always ask me and I really have no idea?? I just say "Good Health" haha that is a boring gift but a safe answer!!!!:)
 
Well this week was good, different but good! I kind of had this stupid cold thing---it is almost gone now, but work was hard, I would talk-cough-cough-cough, then finally I would give up and just bear short testimony! Maybe I wasnt supposed to speak this week:) haha joke! 

Tuesday we had our exchanges with Manapla! I went to their area and was with Sister Snow! She is 19 and from Utah! She has so much desire and drive to do the work! She is way sagad (good) at the language! She has only been here 3 weeks but she was determined not to use English! But she was a lot of fun! We had so good experiences and their area is awesome! A lot of potential! But while Sister Manosig and I were riding the bus to Manapla, this preacher I think he was Baptist, gets on the bus and starts to Preach, then they ask for money and people will give it to them! But he just happened to start talking and Preaching as it was our stop to get off, and we got off right in front of the Mormon Church, and as we are walking off the bus, he made a comment like oh, the mormons wont even listen, so I reached up and took his pamphlet but exchanged him one of ours-maybe his next bus ride he will teach the Restoration and get us some referrals hahaha

We kind of struggled this week for finding! I never felt like I had this problem but really it was weird, like all of our progressing investigators little by little are stopping so this week that is our focus! Trying to find out what happened and get them back on track! The one that really is bugging my mind is Sister Divine and Kandy! They are the 2 girls who are 12. We teach them all the time and they went to new beginnings and get along really well with all the girls, but we go to them and they said first, their moms want them to wait until they are 18 to be baptized, and second, If God is the same, why do they need to be baptized again! So we explained it but the great apostasy and 2, 12 year old girls just wasn't sticking so we have to find a way to help them understand it! And that the "Mormon" church isnt the same as all the other churches! 

We had our Mission Presidents Training on Thursday, haha I love President! He is legit! So funny but serious at the same time! We did a lot of practice teaching to try and help each other be more effective teachers! We had an interview with him, first as a companionship then separately, But as I walked in he was smiling and goes "Sister Polatis, you are like Pop-corn" Always smiling and happy and excited about the work! He told me that he can tell people are drawn to me and for me I was just so grateful for the compliment! It was so nice of him and even though it was "Pop-corn" I had to laugh! I really am happy and this past year it has shown through! I am happy because I have strengthened my testimony! I love to share it and I know that the hard times make us stronger! I love it! What a great year it has been!!! 

Our Recent Convert Sister Ailyn and her daughter made us Valentines day cards! Her and her husband Jipoy are always giving us a hard time because we are missionaries and cant date, so they told us that we could celebrate with them! So they made us a card! I love that family! You can feel the spirit in their home and you can tell that their relationship is getting stronger because they read and pray together! If i transfer I will miss them!! They are great! 

Saturday we had the Baptism of John Mark! What a stud! He was so excited, when he bore his testimony he was so shy but then he Goes, oh "Hope you all had a great Valentines day" people chuckled and he ended up not being so shy! Sunday after he was confirmed, he had the biggest smile on his face and he walked so tall up to the bishop to shake his hand! I loved it! He has a lot of good friends and family that will support him! I loved it!

But even though I dont want to be 24, it is happening! But I just want to say this past year, has had so many ups and downs, I think I have had every emotion possible but it has been a great year! I love the gospel! But tomorrow will be a great day! I am excited for it. One year older and wiser to........MWAH!!! Be good and be safe!!! Until next week!

Love Sister S Polatis
John Mark

My little buddy--John Mark, so excited to be baptized

No comments:

Post a Comment