Monday, March 3, 2014


Well, I am in the mountains! HAHA I am now in Cauayan! One side of our Area is the mountains and the other side is the ocean! So we get the best of both worlds! HA in Cauayan, There is NOTHING! HAHA just a couple churches and people! But its alright! We are making it work! My new companion is Sister Kumar! She is from Fiji. She is 19 and the coolest! We have had so much fun this past week! She just finished her training so I am doing a follow up! So I am SR but really we are even! She helps with the area I help with the language even though she is way good already! We have cried and laughed and really just been super good! She is so chill and laid back it is hard to be stressed or sad or anything because it just goes smooth! I was in a little bit of culture shock, haha I know right, 4 months left and finally experienced that! We live in a little house and its not that bad, we have a bumba in our front yard for when we wash our clothes. So it is still an adjustment but we will make it work!

I was lucky, I came in and the Sisters had a baptism all ready! His name is Romnick! He is 13 and he just has the biggest heart! He was so excited to be baptized and on Saturday he bore his testimony and he was doing so great then he went to thank the missionaries and I thought that he was laughing but he started to cry! I know he felt the spirit and his mom who isnt a member, not even an investigator came to the baptism and I think that because of Romnick and the testimony that he shared she will want to listen! 

It was an eventful week, climbing mountains, walking on the beach, trying to find, ha and last night we were teaching and these 2 drunk guys start going at it, like fighting and what not, so it is loud but we just do our best to continue on, then next thing we know they are shuffling us into the house, one of the guys grabbed this huge butcher knife and was trying to stab the other guy but he is drunk so of course he cant hit him. Sister Kumar was freaking out so we are just chilling in this house until it is safe to make a get away, but the people we were teaching were trying to listen to us, so we just stopped halfway though, gave commitments and left! We were fine, that is just kind of normal life! Lots of excitement here!

I have relied on the Lord so much this past week it was really hard to me to leave Victorias! I loved it there and I wanted to stay so bad so really this week was just trying to get by and not compare the areas! But There is a lot of work to be done in this area so we will get to work! Waay kabalaka! No worries! I just keep to my studies and know that the Lord is going to show us blessings! That I am here in this area for a reason! I just need to find it! And of course that all good things take time! I love the Book of Mormon! That is my biggest strength here! It is like my rock! It never changes, it is always for my good! 

I love you all! Thanks for everything! Especially for school, what a headache! And man I really wrote a good Essay haha! Salamat sa inyo tanan!!!! Be good and be safe!!!
 Love
Sister S Polatis:) 


favorite family

love a love a

Baptism of Bro Romnick

No comments:

Post a Comment