Monday, November 4, 2013


Well "Happy Halloween" To everyone! ----PALIHOG!!! haha  But I will start from the first. 
Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal days! We went out and just were teaching we found a few people who hopefully we will be able to meet with again and share! We have been working way hard to get people prepared for baptism as well as strengthening their testimonies but it has been kind of hard in this area! Most will commit to the things but when church rolls around, Waay na! So medyo frustrating! Pero ok lang na! We will keep trying!  So I realized that I am kind of selfish! Ha during my personal study I was reading a past conference talk "Observe then Serve" and she posed a question :"Am I doing this for Me or am I doing this for Jesus Christ?" Well I realized that in the past I do a lot of things for ME! Which really isnt a bad thing but when it comes to service we need to forget ourselves, man up and get it done! So amo na! Service isnt always going to be something that is convenient for us but that is how we show our love! I guess it was important because it hit me kind of hard! 
So Friday was LEGIT!!! So we got to do "Day of the Dead proselyting" Sounds a little bit weird but here they celebrate Halloween like sleeping at the Cemetery and what not to be close to their loves ones! Oh my guli, so many people! We went to the cemetery and had a lot of "Prayer Visits" it was a good way of contacting people because we were able to teach them about the Plan of Salvation and how they will see their lost one again! I wont lie, it was a little bit creep when it got towards the night time but sadya gd! I loved it! People had good and everything kind of fun! Well we had a couple of appointments that we had to go to! Well here they also have a tradition on Halloween that you cook something sticky! Every house that we went to we had sticky rice! I think i ate dinner like 4 times! It was super good I just couldn't really walk! HAHA but it was so much fun! We had a quick FHE with a part member family! There are 4 girls! And the age ranges are like the same as our family! Well it made me smile! They just reminded me of all my sisters, they are dang lucky!! So much fun! 
Saturday-Elder Neil L Andersen of the 12 came! Oh my gosh! What an amazing spirit! All the missionaries were gathered together! There were 234 of us! But he came and spoke to us and just gave us encouragement of our work! He shook all of our hands! I loved it not only because of the spirit that was felt but because of the testimony that we do have living prophets on the earth today! They lead and guide us and we are so lucky to have that! He is awesome! He spoke of the atonement and just how to keep pressing forward everyday! Don't get down on the little things! That we are all loved and this is a great time in our lives! I loved it! I was so excited that that happened while I was here!!!!
But That was about it for my week! Next week we will start our exchanges with the other sisters! I am so excited! I love being a missionary! I love the Philipino people! They are so funny and even tho they really dont have a lot they are willing to give it up if they need to! Thanks for all your love and support of me! I miss you all everyday!! Love you! Be good and be safe!!!!! MWAH!!!
my new friend--he scared me so bad

SIster Emma--when we do exchanges-she goes with us

sunset from the ceres window

First time seeing a monkey here

"day of the dead" proselyting

No comments:

Post a Comment