Monday, November 18, 2013

Hola minha familia preferida!!
      How is everyone?? Ha that is awesome that Sister Moon finally emailed those pictures. Mom, I think that you and her would get a long perfect. She said that she loved you just from how you emailed her back and how you aren't afraid to embarrass me ha. Yea the Moon family is awesome. Brother Moon is our ward mission leader so we get to spend a lot of time with him. Pretty much home away from home. Well we got our transfer doctrine today. Elder Winchester is done with his mission so he will be going home, and Elder Ragozzine and I will be staying here just as a companionship in Iowa City. Oh and also.... I got called to be a district Leader! ha I was like President, I'm a visa waiter I thought that this was not allowed for visa waiters ha. So yep that is pretty cool I guess. Hopefully they will start letting me drive because I'm not sure about letting Elder Ragozzine drive everywhere, that could be a little scary ha. So yes there is the transfer doctrine. No visa yet again but Elder Hales ( my MTC companion) got his so its got to be me next right?:) I think there are still 5 of us here so its not like I'm the last one I guess. Man you guys are just having all kinds of fun down in Utah. We never went that much back when I was home.
        Thanksgiving will probably just be another work day to be honest ha. Hopefully some member family calls us and feeds us. If not we will have to go hunt our own turkey. Things are going pretty well here though. I'm glad that I got to stay because we are right on the verge of finishing with some good baptisms for the year. We set two baptismal dates with these two kids of this less-active lady. We would've set 3 dates but the mom said that they 9 year old wasn't old enough to know what he is doing so she didn't think that he should get baptized with the older two. We'll have to change that. The Lord has set the age so hopefully we can get the little 9 year old really excited and have him tell his mom that he wants to get baptized on the 21st of December. We will have 4 dates for that day so that will be an awesome day hopefully. We had zone training meeting this week and the Assistants came and gave a training to us about our purpose as missionaries. It was really good. I learned so much. Ha it made me definitely realize that I needed to change up a little bit of my teaching but I was glad to learn some different things. I guess the director of training at the MTC came and gave them the same training that the AP's gave us so it was really good. Made me realize that we can't just hope for people to act, we have to help them act. Our 2 verbs to follow are to invite and to help, and the investigators are to receive and come.
       This week we did a ton of service. Pam moved out of her apartment and none of her kids would help her so we spent a lot of time over there trying to get all of her stuff moved in with her oldest son. Her son is kind of anti-Mormon so that wasn't good to hear. Pam and Shawn are scheduled to get baptized next Saturday so hopefully we can keep her going. We also went to down-town Iowa City this week to this kind of shelter place to feed the home-less people. It was pretty sad. People have some really rough lives. I did see something that was really cool while I was there. One of the members that came and helped also said that he was homeless for a little time in his life, so he could really relate to these people, and he wanted to serve and help them so bad. It was really cool to me because it made me realize that he could succor those people, kind of how Jesus had to go through everything so he could succor to all of our infirmities and trials. I just thought it was awesome.
      I am excited for these next 6 weeks here in Iowa City. There is definitely a lot of work to be done. I guess that in this transfer I will get to call home for Christmas!! Wow that is crazy that it is already getting close to that point. I'm glad everything is going awesome and I'm way grateful so have such an awesome family. Love you all!!!!!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment