Saturday, November 30, 2013

Well First off, Since it is the season of Giving Thanks I just want to say thanks for all your love, support, letters, and really just having the best family ever! I realized this week again that I was very lucky to have you all active, healthy and happy and that we all get along! That in itself is a blessing! So I love you all and have a Good holiday! And No, they dont celebrate thanksgiving here, but that is alright! It will probably be just another normal day, so I guess enjoy it for me too.

Well what a week! We started out our week on Monday by going to the Mission Home to meet and greet the new missionaries from Tacloban! Sister Libria and I were the only sister training leaders invited and most of the missionaries were sisters. What awesome and strong spirits! Some of the stories that they told about had me in tears but they know that this is where they need to be and the Lord really was watching out for them all! But dinner was fun! We ate, I am sure there are pictures of me by the food, ha always ha but really it was fun! 
Tuesday, We went out! Seriously, I think I say this every time but this transfer has been crazy hard for finding, of course we find people who just want to talk to see if I can speak but getting them to commit to Church and what not has been a killer! Really the rollercoaster analogy that Abby uses is so true! One day it is like a spiritual high and the next you hit the bottom! But I am still staying positive! That is missionary life and I am for sure we will hit our high! Just need to change our finding methods I guess!
Wednesday through Friday were pretty normal working days! We are still just trying to find people who will be receptive and make that commitment to follow Jesus Christ! MIssionaries have been teaching this lady Emily for a little while now! She is in her 50's and is always sick I feel ha, But one day we walked to see here and we found her son, he is probably in his 30's sitting outside reading the Book of Mormon! He usually was there when we stop by but when we would invite him to listen he would walk away, so we kind of just assumed that he wasnt interested! But seeing him reading,  Now that was probably my high point! He was in Mosiah and I guess from what he said, after we teach, he will read! It was the weirdest thing, I just got the strongest prompting to kind of force him (for lack of a better word hahah) To sit, like I got a chair and he tried scooting it away from me so I was confused and why I was feeling so strongly to talk to him! Well we gave him a background-ish history of the Book of Mormon like from the Title page and he wouldn't make eye contact with us! Then as we were bearing testimony we invited him to continue reading and praying and he looked up at us with tears and told us, he knows the Book of Mormon is true! But he is still shy to talk to us! But I loved it! Gave me that strength to keep on keeping on!! We are on the Lords Time and he will give us strength!! So hopefully next week we can work with this brother and get him on the right track!! 
Saturday we have the Baptism of Sister Marian Joy! She is from a part member family and she is 10! She was so so so nervous for the water, she just stared at the font we had tried everything to get her to not be nervous, but then our District leader who was going to baptize her just started making jokes with her! She started to laugh then we couldnt really get her to stop laughing! The nerves went away and all was well! She was so stinking cute!! 
Sunday we had the Primary program, YES grandma, I was the pianist! We sang about 6 songs, I think I did alright! But all the little kids were so cute and they all asked how I learned how to play, I told them "My Lola, Grandma Rounds taught me" and since we cant teach them how, I told them Maybe Grandma would come teach them too! HAHA but they were so cute and they all have strong little testimonies!!\
This week should be good! We will start our exchanges! We will go to Cadiz so I am excited for that! Sister Libria goes home this next Monday! She is pretty excited for that! But all is welll! The rollercoaster will just continue on! I know the Church is True! We have all the tools here that we need to help us return to our Heavenly Father! So Continue on!! It is awesome!! Love you all! Be good and be safe!!! Miss you!! Mwah! Halong kamo pirme!!!!
Love
Sister S Polatis
our district

The Baptism of Marion Joy--Girl of giggles

some of our Primary children

pizza and shakes!!  Must have something to celebrate

No comments:

Post a Comment