Thursday, November 14, 2013


Hey everyone!!
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well! And that Sarah was ok and survived the Typhoon! Man what totally different missions we are in! I loved all of Lous wedding pictures and the Halloween pictures that I received! You all looked great! That is so funny about the chicken in dads engine haha that would happen in Idaho! Have fun in St George and the big celebration round two!! That will be a lot of fun! Take some pictures on your i phones and send them my way please! I love to see everyone! 
         I can't believe that I have been gone from Roberts, ID for one year today!! I could not have imagined all of the adventures that I have had a everything that I have learned as I have been here in Romania! I feel so blessed to be able to be a missionary! 
 What a week it has been! I have traveled the furthest South and the furthest north I could possibly go in this mission from Constanta up to Molodova! Quite the adventures! Some of the highlights for this week! 
1- Well not really a highlight but I found out the hard way if you use random cough drops with random ingredients from the farmacie here in Romania for an extended amount of time you could develop a little bit of Tongue Fungus!!!!! ah rough!! But the funny part about this story was I went to the farmacie to pick up the medicine and I asked if they had it. Well they said they did but I would have to mix it together. She then goes to tell me in Romanian that I need to wash the pills under water to get the coating off and then crust then and then add them to the solution.. hahaha so funny! but I guess it worked because I am healed! 
2- I had interviews with President Hill and Sora this past week! I love them! They are so encouraging and really love each of us! He talked about how I will probably be staying in Bucuresti for one more so that they don't have to white wash this city because Sora Lund leaves in December! So one more transfer of traveling the country!! wahoo:) love it! I love helping all the sisters and visiting the cities! 
3- I had an exchange in Constanta this week! I love that city!!! so so much!:) I went with Sora Newell. She is only in her second transfer but she is already an amazing missionary. She already knows another language so she is picking up Romanian fast! I was able to go to two lessons with her and she did great! We taught a way cool lady and then we dropped in on an investigator family! It was really cool because I have never really had to work with anyone that younger than me so it was fun to see that I had the skills to be able to lead the lessons! So it was fun! 
4- On our way back in town we tried contacting our taxi driver and he was so nice! asking how we were and what we were up to.. at the end I handed him a card to find out more and he looked shocked and said "o well I am orthodox." ha I just said that is great but here is our card anyways! Sora Lund and I were laughing because of course he is orthodox.. the whole country is!! ha I guess you had to be there sort of thing! 
5- We went to Iasi for P-day and then I had an exchange with Sora Kelly. We went Block Knocking and we had a lot of fun! I love Sora Kelly! We have been around each other our whole missions starting from day one in the MTC! We have not missed a transfer of seeing each other! 
6- Up to moldova!! So much fun! it was a fast trip! honestly I felt like a spy because on my passport I had not even been in moldova for a full 24 hours and then I was back to Romania! But it is always a great time! I went with Sora Caruso and she is a killer missionary! We had a lot of fun! The men on the train were pretty funny.. .We were looking for our car and they looked at our tickets and said "number 6 is pretty far up there.. you can just stay back her with us" ha I just think it is funny now! we stick out so much!!! Everyone that came in and did our passport stuff as we waited 3 hours crossing the border came and said hi to us and knew that we were the 2 American girls aboard on the train! You have to love the 13 hour train rides!! I am so glad that I have been able to serve these two transfers with Sora Lund! It has been so much fun!!
I will be seeing everyone in 6 months! That is so crazy! I know that it is going to go fast so I will make everyday count! Thank you for all of your love and support and letters over this past year! keep them coming:) ha I have learned so much over this past year! I can't believe it! I know that this church is true! I love you all! Keep the Faith! 
va iubesc!! 
Sora Abby Polatis 

Me and my palaces!!


Now, she looks Romanian--Washing Ad

Best burger in town

Jumping for joy!!

I LOVE SISTER KELLY

Sora Caruso in Moldova

Chisinau District

No comments:

Post a Comment