Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! 
You all sound like you are doing amazing! Sam I could not be more proud of you then I am right now! Mr. Hunger Games!! ha Look at the picture that I will send of my new planner for this upcoming transfer! You will all like it! We actually do have permission to watch a movie for thanksgiving.. I already tried getting the hunger games to be approved.. but with no luck!! ha I guess they don't love the fact that it is kids killing kids.. so I guess I will wait until I come home! Mom we can go together! well when I say "go" I mean walk down stairs and watch it on DVD when I get home! ha I am glad you all liked it! May 14th is the day I will be home! ha EXACTLY an 18 month mission! So crazy time is flying! I am happy to hear about Uncle Blayne!
This week has been a great week full of adventure! 
**TRANSFER NEWS! 
You all will probably not believe this but..... I am STAYING in Mihai Bravu for round three of traveling the country! with SORA LUND! ha our 4th transfer together! That is unheard of in this mission! But we are super excited. She does go home in three weeks which is a little unfortunate because I then have no idea what happens to me?? maybe thrown into a trio? Get a mini missionary from Romania for three weeks... either way I think I will find out at mission leadership council this Thursday! I think we are going to try to get all new different cities this transfer and we will only have 4 cities because they added another set of sister training leaders. But president wants all of our exchanges down BEFORE the 18th so before Sora Lund goes home... so we will be super super busy these next 3 weeks!! 
**THANKSGIVING and missionary leadership council! 
I will actually be at the Hills home that whole day for missionary leadership council so we will be eating 2 meals there! Sora Lund and I also have to present again at leadership council! ha This is about my 5th time presenting on the mission. ha Sora Hill called us on Friday and said "you did such a good job last time.. we need you again!" But this time we want it in Romanian in front of everyone! ha so wish me luck!
 but it should be fun but also I am super excited because tonight we are eating at another seniors couples house. The francoms from Preston! I love them so so much! So they are making sure we get a traditional thanksgiving feast and we will probably watch a movie tonight at their house! super excited! 
**SOCCER GAME
Ok seriously the picture don't even do it justice! Total people there was like 53,100! Everyone got a free flag on their chair and everyone was cheering and yelling. We were able to sing the national song together! it came up on the big screen so it was so cool! I loved seeing all the unity in Romania! This huge flag dropped over a section of the crowd and it was so cool! We did end up  in a tie. But Greece won at their "home town" by more points so they are going to the world cup! But Romania did good! I loved it! Then afterwords the metrous and stuff weren't working so we then had to walk home for about 1.5 hours haha We live at the bottom of the city but it was so worth it!!! I loved it!!! 
**LESSON
We had such a great lesson with one of our investigators! She seriously is amazing! She is the one that wanted a CTR ring and to buy modest dresses. Anyways.. we went through the whole restoration with her and she had such good questions and she seemed to really understand. We were drawing out the dispensations and We showed how after Christ died and the apostles it dropped back down to the apostasy... She then looked at us and said... "o then what prophet came next?" It was so cool! We gave her a soft baptismal committment and she said yes!!! So we are meeting with her tuesday for the plan of salvation and we have a member present all set up and everything! So it is really really legit! It will be in Romanglish so it will be great!
Those are some of the highlights from the week! I am super excited for this next transfer! For the great holiday this week I just want to say how grateful I am for every single one of you!!! I am thankful for your love and support! It means so much to me to know that I have a family who has my back! I am thankful for this great gospel that blesses our lives so much! I am thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ! I am thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me! I am thankful for my mission! It is the best! I am thankful for the Romanian people! I am thankful for all the missionaries here! I am thankful for President Monson! I just feel so blessed right now I could go on.. but just know I am thankful for all I have! I have really been studying the Book of Mormon... WOW... I am obsessed with that Book! This is like the 3rd time on my mission reading through it and I am getting out so many different things every time I read! I think I could read that book 1000 times and still learn something new every time!!! Well I love you all- the church is true! 
va iubesc! 
Sora Abby Polatis 
I'm now a villian!




amazing "Sister" artist in our mission!!

Huge  Romainian flag!!

so much fun at the Soccer game between Romania and Greece

Greece won!!  boo

Our District--this was so much FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment