Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween!!!:) Hey Family,
         Man sounds like you all had a great time this year for Halloween. Haha yea Grandma's basement is scary as it is so I can't imagine more scary things being added to it. Yea this week we had to be in by 6 for Wednesday night and Thursday night. I guess the night before Halloween is beggars night or something... No one has really heard about that here, but President Jensen said so we did it. It has been way rainy though. Elder Winchester and I went on exchanges on Wednesday with Elder Bate(zone leader). Ha I love that guy. He really likes to laugh so him and I get along really well. This has been my 3rd exchange with him since I have been in Iowa City. We went to his area and they have been struggling a little bit with finding people to teach so we didn't have any really set appointments. So he wanted to see our finding methods so he planned a lot of finding for us!! Haha its not as fun when your not in your own area, and it was raining pretty hard so we got pretty wet. We did find some part-member families and this latino lady. I knocked on her door and said habla espanol and her face kind of lit up. Elder Bates is a Spanish Elder so he could communicate with her really well and he gave her a libro de Mormon. So that was fun day. They live with members so we went back at 6 and ate and then we went and played basketball out in the rain with some of kids on their court outside. It was just like being back at home. Kind of weird.
          This week was kind of a slow week for us. We did find a couple new investigators and taught them the restoration. It was a mother and her daughter. They are Catholic and you could tell that something was missing. She was pretty open to things and I think that she will start reading the BOM. I wanted to go and see Rodrigo (Brazilian guy) but we had to give the car to the other Elders so it was a really long bike ride, but hopefully we can go and see him this weekend. We taught our Mongolian investigator with one of our Mongolian members so I think that a lot more understanding took place. Ha the translations are sometimes really crazy from English to Mongolian so we had to explain a few things. But yea this lady is set to be baptized on the 16th so that is what we are working towards. The dad of the Dillon family keeps coming to church every week, I think it is because his wife makes him, but I think that he has been enjoying it. We are probably going to try and set a date this week with him and see what he thinks about that.
        Our ward mission leader had the responsibility of setting up the Ward Halloween Party so we went and helped him out. Him and his wife put so much work into it. It was way awesome. They set up all the classrooms into little game rooms for the kids. There was also a chili cook off so I got to be the judge of that:) Sheesh I got full just from trying all the different chilis. There were quite a few non-members there so I got to meet quite a few people. Didn't really set up any appointments or anything because we want the members to start doing that. It was really great though.
            I'm glad that everything is starting to calm down and you guys are all having a great time. I love you all so much. Hope you all have a great week. I think for my week we don't have a lot planned. We were supposed to baptize shawn but he didn't make it to church because he didn't know about daylight savings:( that was a real bummer. Probably just keep finding people. North Liberty is full of duplexes and little apartments so there is a lot of work to be done. Love youuuuuuu
Love, Elder Polatis          
me and FLASH

District harvest pic

No comments:

Post a Comment