Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kamusta? How is everyone doing? Sounds like an eventful week! Happy Birthday Grandpa!!! I cant believe it! He is 91!

Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Sisters In cadiz! Super fun, Sister Peacock came with me! It was funny we were on the bus and the coin doctor guys always talk to us because they are so shocked that we can speak and know where we are going. It will be weird to drive I think, I am so used to just taking the bus, walking or tricycle! Crazy! But we did good! When they come with us we are supposed to teach them what we know, tungod we are old in the mission but I still feel new I think I learn more from them! But it was a fun exchange! 

Wednesday we switched back, So we are teaching this little boy, JohnMark! He is 9 years old and his mom is LA and his step dad isnt a member! So we are working with them both, they are the ones that live like ocean side, I love their house! But he was so cute! We gave him a Book of Mormon chart to help him remember to read! Well he whips it out with the biggest smile on his face and he was already in 1 nephi 11, he only has had the book maybe 2 weeks! But he is cruising! One Sunday he came to church and he was being a little bit pasulway1 Like in and out and in and out! So I kind of got after him a little bit telling him if he wants to be baptized he has to sit the whole hour, and of course I give him candy haha then I shared to him that when we were little how mom would never let us go to the bathroom because it was just a "short" hour! Now when He comes to church he sits the whole hour. Ha he is legit! I love that kid! 

We found these 2 new girls! Divine and Kandy! They are both 12 years old and they have come to church 2 times! Both are so out going and friendly they really just mixed in with the young women, they even attended New Beginnings last night. They are practically members, all they have to do is be baptized:) One minor detail that can be fixed:) They are cute! Always asking questions, We had an dinner appointment with the Bishop, because his son just newly returned home from his mission. Man, I love the food! I used to be so scared of it! But my stomach is all adjusted and I can enjoy it!-------------Took a while for that:) For us this week one of our goals was to find potential priesthood holders, because really we teach a lot of girls! We werent really having very much luck but then on Friday it happened, But we have this investigator Arron, he is 13 so we were getting ready to teach him and he goes, Sis, wait lang, May ara ako mga friends! So we wait and he brings 4 of his friends! All over 13!! They were interested, said that their moms were ok with them listening and they all came to church! In their vans and skater T-shirts haha but it was the best that they had and the young mens pres, took good care of them! He was trying to find them white shirts so they fit in better next week!  I was so happy! So remember, when you make a goal, pray for it always, Heavenly Father will help you!  

The work is really going so good! I love meeting new people! Yes all the days I cried about the language I am finally to the point where I really do just laugh! I still get a lot of help from everyone but it is good! Sunday was a good day! All went smooth. I loved it! We had typhoon again, i think like a signal #1 on friday night, the wind was crazy strong and some areas got flooded but since then It has been hot! Sister Manosig and I are good! Little by little she opens up to me and really she is pretty funny! We both just do whatever! If one feels something we follow it, it not we stand in the road until someone makes a decision. HAHA we are both so indecisive. But it is fun! She is still quiet but fun! 

I forgot, But I like abby need to SHOUT OUT to ROBERTS 2!!! I received my package and THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I loved and needed everything that was in the box! I love you all and  you all are so great! I was the happiest missionary in the world:) SALAMAT GID!!

I love you. Keep on keeping on!! Thanks for all the letters! Keep being safe! Tell everyone I say hi! I cant really believe how fast time is going! But it really has been so much fun!! Have a great week! Makit-ay kita liwat soon! 

Palangga ko kamo tanan!

Love Sister Polatis
me with SIster Peacock

more little chicks--a little creepy--but I'm getting used to them

No comments:

Post a Comment