Monday, February 10, 2014

Hey Everyone! 
 As far as snow goes here- it is spring now! All the snow is melting! Wahoo.. only 2 weeks of hard winter:) I could get used to that! 
That is hilarious about Elder Justesen!! Of course I remember him. He was in my branch in the MTC. He would eat lunch with my district all the time! I told him to find my family when he got to Idaho! haha I can't believe it! I am glad he found them! I am sorry about Uncle Darin - I had no idea he had bad health problems! That is sweet the olmypics are going on in Russia! My neighbors! :) 
Also make sure my posts are good online... I just got a letter from a teacher in the MTC and she said that a girl that is coming into the mission has been reading my blog every week and she is super excited to meet me!! haha celebrity off the blog! That is great that Sam is working on his papers! wahoo.. go missionary work! 
Well I never have a dull week.. This week was full of block knocking... traveling to Sibiu for my last exchange... and going La Tara! Some highlights from the week:) 
- Exchange in Sibiu! 
I am obsessed with Sora Merrill.. I love doing exchanges with her! She is such a hard worker and is fearless! So we contacted for about 5.5 hours that day. We talked with everyone! We had some cool experiences though.... 
1-We tried talking to this one women- She was as cold as ice "I am orthodox... you have nothing to say to me." I then said- "We just want to talk and find out about more about what you believe.. We are from America as missionaries and we do have a lot of similarities between our religions." Then all of the sudden she turns into this lady as sweet as honey and speaking perfect English with a Georgian accent. I guess she lived in America... for like 30 years because her family escaped when communism hit Romania. She just came back because her son wants to be priest in Romania! She then sits with us on a bench and we talked for about 45 min. I learned so much about why the orthodox people believe what they believe. She was so nice! "What are you girls doing here? O you are both so Brave! I could never do what you are doing!" She then said something that really shocked me... "So you girls are going around and just "planting good seeds" all over Romania- That is amazing!" I was shocked.. That is exactly what we are doing! She gave me a big hug good bye and wished us luck! She wants her son to read the Book of Mormon. She thought that our beliefs were super interesting!! It was one of the coolest stories ever because she was literally ice cold at the beginning but then melted into a nice cup of lemonade! :) 
2- These 3 old men called us over to talk with us. They were missionaries for some other religion. They started kind of making fun of us for doing baptisms for the dead. but they supposedly knew the bible so well - So I have my bible and funnily enough one of the three guys helped me find the scripture in Corinthians 15:29 about baptisms for the dead. The head guy would not read it out loud. They were trying to bible bash with me... I just told them that I didn't want to argue. I was getting a little big fired up when they said that the Book of Mormon wasn't true. I asked them if they had read it and they said no. So I told them what we believed. I think that they were a little shocked that I was so Bold... No one messes with the Book of Mormon... Not if I am there.. That Book is true! 
3- We went Block Knocking and we ran into this cute 80 something year old lady- She was super nice-- (maybe a little crazy??) ha I don't know.. But for some reason I loved her right off the bat. She invited us in and we started asking her all the questions of the soul. She was great! and wants the missionaries to go back. It was cute though because after talking for like 40 min. I asked if we could have a prayer... Well I guess I didn't really explain it well enough.. So I am praying and she is talking through my whole prayer!! ha and then she grabbed my hand in the middle of it! It was so cute! 

Well that is the main things of this week! I am loving life right now! I don't know why I am so lucky to be here in this country! We have transfer boards this week!!! ah it will be crazy! We are getting NINE new sisters.. Which is insane. Every single sister in the mission will either be Sister Training Leader, Training a second transfer girl, or training a first transfer girl! Wish me luck! I also get my DEATH CALL  this week which is less dramatic then is sounds... you just get the formal call asking what airport I am flying into so that they can buy my tickets! Idaho Falls! 
You guys are great! I have the best family ever! I love you all so much! I don't think you understand how much! I love it here but don't worry I am super excited to see all you!!! 3 months! unreal! Have a great week! 
va iubesc! 
Sora Abby Polatis 

No comments:

Post a Comment